Wife is using an unlocked Koodo Z10 on AT&T. I'm using an AT&T Z10 on AT&T. She already received the OTA 10.2.1 upgrade, but not me. Strange considering that she's not using a Canadian SIM card.

Posted via CB10
    This is a phenomenon we saw on the last rounds of updates. It seems to know what carrier the device came from.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 09:14 PM
    It seems to me that for those on AT&T That have bought Z10 directly through AT&T or not are not getting updates. Even if you take sim out and try through wifi. Now for those that but Z10 through BlackBerry directly have and are getting new 10.2.1. So for the people who bought phone from AT&T wheather unlocked or not does not make a difference. I dispise AT&T if I was not on unlimited plan with them and for so long o would be gone. They sent me a survey the other day from 0 thru 5 I believe 5 being the best. I gave them all 0 on response.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 09:14 PM
    It seems to me that for those on AT&T That have bought Z10 directly through AT&T or not are not getting updates. Even if you take sim out and try through wifi. Now for those that but Z10 through BlackBerry directly have and are getting new 10.2.1. So for the people who bought phone from AT&T wheather unlocked or not does not make a difference. I dispise AT&T if I was not on unlimited plan with them and for so long o would be gone. They sent me a survey the other day from 0 thru 5 I believe 5 being the best. I gave them all 0 on response.

Posted via CB10
    It's all the US carriers that are late with updates not just AT&T. Verizon just happened to be first for 10.2.1 but were the last when 10.1 came out. If the February 10th day is true then it's not a big deal to wait 2 weeks. I'm just going to buy my devices directly from BlackBerry for now on. Hopefully the Z30 will be on the way

Posted Via AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    01-31-14 09:30 PM
    I've seen the Feb 10th date in a bunch of places, but just because it's being bandied around doesn't make it true. I've contacted AT&T through a bunch of methods and the only answer I get is "It's undergoing rigorous testing and it will be released when it is ready" - no-one has committed to a date. But given that just about every other carrier in the world has managed to 'test and release' it, I do wonder why it takes AT&T so long. Either their network is way more complicated/fragile than everyone else's so they need to be more thorough in their testing, or their testing process is to complicated/laborious. Either way it doesn't say much for AT&T... Hoping that it will indeed be released on Fen 10th, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm just biding my time until I can get off my contract and move to another provider. I've just had enough of AT&T and their lack of support for (if not downright resistance to) BlackBerry.
    More than likely, they do not dedicate resources to test the software since according to them it is not a money maker.
    You do not have to wait for your contract to expire. T-Mobile will pay your ETF you can incur in leaving AT&T.

Posted from my Z10 using CB10.
    01-31-14 09:35 PM
    More than likely, they do not dedicate resources to test the software since according to them it is not a money maker.
    You do not have to wait for your contract to expire. T-Mobile will pay your ETF you can incur in leaving AT&T.

Posted from my Z10 using CB10.
    T-Mobile is worse when it comes to supporting BlackBerry then AT&T and their service isn't nearly as good.

Last edited by Dominick079; 02-01-14 at 09:18 AM.
    01-31-14 09:55 PM
    I believe the delay with AT&T is because they want to be the best, which means extra attention to customer support.
    None of the carriers, in the past were up to speed with any of the mobile platforms.

With the arrival of BB 10, they weren't all that helpful and had to put you on hold numerous times to find help to answer issues.
    It was that way with the Torch 9800. When the 9810 came out customer support was much better.

Anyway, I believe they want to be sure their people are well enough educated this time because you can bet that with this latest OS, they're gonna be working overtime!

I hope I'm right. I don't dislike AT&T as much as some do... but I'd like to feel better about them!
    02-01-14 02:10 AM
    I believe the delay with AT&T is because they want to be the best, which means extra attention to customer support.
    None of the carriers, in the past were up to speed with any of the mobile platforms.

With the arrival of BB 10, they weren't all that helpful and had to put you on hold numerous times to find help to answer issues.
    It was that way with the Torch 9800. When the 9810 came out customer support was much better.

Anyway, I believe they want to be sure their people are well enough educated this time because you can bet that with this latest OS, they're gonna be working overtime!

I hope I'm right. I don't dislike AT&T as much as some do... but I'd like to feel better about them!
    If training and customer service were their priorities, then their sales reps would probably know how to unlock the lock screen on BB10 devices a year after launch. Their people are completely blind to the fact BlackBerry is even still in buisness

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 05:51 AM
    If training and customer service were their priorities, then their sales reps would probably know how to unlock the lock screen on BB10 devices a year after launch. Their people are completely blind to the fact BlackBerry is even still in buisness

Posted via CB10
    I agree with your evaluation! But that was yesterday. Don't dwell on the negative.
    What I'm suggesting is that maybe... finally... hopefully we'll see a change in AT&T's attitude.
    And, keep in mind how many varieties of mobile devices they have to learn about.
    The number is staggering.
    All I have to do is ask myself how many of those devices could I handle if I were in customer support?
    Put yourself in their position with their salary having to deal with irate people all day.
    One week of that and I'd probably kill myself and then kill a few others! LOL

Think positive!
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 02-01-14 at 07:56 AM.
    02-01-14 07:22 AM
    Blackberry Users:

I am a AT&T, Q10 owner running 10.2.1. I downloaded on Saturday, February 1st, 2013 using Sachesi. The OS was obtained from the Canadian AT&T equivalent (Rogers). Using Sachesi, these are the field entries entered into Sachesi.
    Country = 302
    Carrier = 720
    Device = Q10
    Variant = SQN100-1 (this is my variant, make sure you check yours by Settings > About)

Here are the steps:

1. Perform a backup of your phone using Blackberry desktop. Ensure this is a USB hardlline task---DO NOT USE WIRELESS SYCNING.

2. VERY IMPORTANT: If you have sideloaded Android apps on your phonoe, you will need to get them off your phone. I did a complete OS wipe using Blackberry Desktop. In other words, get your phone back to factory default with the most recent OS. It's probably 10.1 something. THE KEY IS YOU WANT A PHONE THAT IS CLEAN. This matters, after the install is complete. Many folks are complaining about previously installed Android apps not working. The same happen to me when I simply did an upgrade without deleting the Android apps. Even if you do not have Android apps, I suggest performing a clean wipe and doing the upgrade from a factory default no data on your phone. You can always go back and get what's important from your earlier backup.[

3. Close Blackberry Desktop

4. Bring up Sachesi (assumption is you have already downloaded the Sachesi software, its all over Crackberry) and enter the Roger values (see above values) and then click "Search" tab. It will reveal the 10.2.1 software

5. Click "Download All" and the download will begin (10 - 15 mins, maybe faster with other PCs). NOTE: The completed download can typically be found in your "Download" folder on Windows PCs. (folder = 10.2.1.537)

6. After the download is completed, click "Install" tab and you will see a button for .bar. Click .bar

7. Next, go to your file folders and locate the downloaded 10.2.1.537 folder. Once located, minimize the file folder screen so that you can see both the folder screen and the Sachesi screen. From here, simply drag and drop the 10.2.1.537 over into the Sachesi workplace area and the update process will begin.
    I would estimate this process to take about 1hr. But when it's completed, you have a VERY CLEAN and fluid running 10.2.1 OS. If you attempt to upgrade to 10.2.1 without deleting or getting rid of your earlier Android apps you will have a VERY messy upgrade and your phone will operate very choppy. As well, you will not be able to run or download Android apps. I learned this the hard way. After doing the upgrade in the manner I've just outlined, I can now download Android apps from the Amazon App store.

NOTE: THIS IS A WINDOWS PC INSTALL APPROACH.

Like many, I do not have confidence in AT&T rolling out this software upgrade in a timely manner. and this upgrade is SWEEEEET! With a lot of really neat improvements and enhancements that the BB Community needs and wants. Therefore, I went ahead and got the upgraded OS from Rogers. If you have any thoughts or questions hit me back: PIN=2B0B1298.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    02-02-14 07:08 PM
    Excelent Tip, I was looking fro some info like the one that you just provided, btw how is the software working for you so far ??? no issues? I'm planning to do same on my Z10
    02-03-14 07:11 AM
    It's all the US carriers that are late with updates not just AT&T. Verizon just happened to be first for 10.2.1 but were the last when 10.1 came out. If the February 10th day is true then it's not a big deal to wait 2 weeks. I'm just going to buy my devices directly from BlackBerry for now on. Hopefully the Z30 will be on the way

Yes, I know it's not just AT&T that is late. I am curious are you with AT&T or another carrier? Reason I am asking is wondering if you ever got first 10.2.0 update? I have come to the same concensus all my phones from now on will be directly through BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 08:29 AM
    Who cares about the "official" version when the leaked "10.2.1.1925 works so freak'n well!

Keep the leaks coming!

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 08:49 AM
    Yes, I know it's not just AT&T that is late. I am curious are you with AT&T or another carrier? Reason I am asking is wondering if you ever got first 10.2.0 update? I have come to the same concensus all my phones from now on will be directly through BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I'm with AT&T and no I haven't received the 10.2.1 update but I have 10.2 because I used Sachesi to update.

02-03-14 10:01 AM
    All:

I'm one to beleive AT&T has no intentions of providing the appropriate BB support. I'm also one to believe that AT&T is probably looking at "how to make BB just go away" by grossly P-Oing existing BB customers (like not providing updates and top-notch customer support for BB). Therefore, I said the heck with waitin on AT&T and downloaded and installed 10.2.1 on my BBQ10 phone through Sachesi. I've been running 10.2.1 on my AT&T phone for the last 2-3 weeks---with ZERO issues. As with the other comments, this is a really slick upgrade with many beneficial new features. Here's my "step-by-step" link that are described on another post.

http://forums.crackberry.com/t-mobil...15/index2.html

Here's my BB Pin: 2B0B1298
    02-18-14 12:29 PM
    What I don't understand is AT&T's lack of communication with its customers. They could ease the hostility felt towards them if they would at minimum provide a date for anticipated release. Without it, us AT&T customers have no idea when to expect this update.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 02:34 PM
    We're hearing first of March-ish for the update at T-Mo. If true, will probably be a target for at&t. IF...
    02-18-14 08:00 PM
66 123