Since updating to the official update on my Z10 battery life has improved but is still awful especially considering my friends finish the day on 50% and I use it less and end up on 5% if that. Help? Should I get a higher capacity battery.

Posted from the awesome yet not battery loving Z10.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 02:12 PM
    Hiya,

just checking, are you saying your friends also have Z10s, or other phones. Anyway, I'm a new Z10 user, so after reading a lot of posts with people complaining about battery life, I did a few tests. I found that the biggest killer of the battery is the graphics card. Running a heavy 3d game causes the Z10 to heat up and litteraly chew the battery. The screen is in second place (of course running a 3d game means the screen is also on). The radio is next (ie. 2-4G/wifi/bluetooth). The camera also has an effect, however most people probably won't be taking enough photos to make a huge difference - even accounting for the flash.

Running lots of processes didn't have a huge effect, provided they didn't access the radio. Now I am guessing you aren't snapping lots of photos, or playing 3d games all day, so I would guess that you are using the radio a lot. Email/facebook/twitter(etc), the weather app, and other "always on the net" apps could be the culprit. For one day, try to disable your mobile data (a bit inconvenient, however just try it for a day). Still use your phone for calls/sms etc in the normal way and see if there is a difference in battery life.
    11-10-13 04:14 PM
    When did you update? Sometimes it takes a day or two for things to settle down.
    11-10-13 04:25 PM
    Update to 429... battery long almost 13 hours..but im not gaming..just calls and intrrnet
    11-10-13 04:39 PM
    I'm not gonna lie I'm not a heavy user of games I generally use Twitter and Facebook and BBM occasionally also a lot of Internet however even when I'm just whizzing round then phone looking for something to do I see the battery burn I go a day without using apps sometimes but battery use to better and how would I get the. 49 update?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 04:20 PM