The new apps to the right etc are part of the setup videos. just swipe as it asks. Once done all that it goes away. For someone uttery new or coming from a simpler touch OS these things are needed.
    05-17-13 06:16 AM
    dark themes on z10!!!
    05-17-13 06:36 AM
    I've found the source of my battery life issues!

Too much time on CB10... if I work and don't use cb for a few hours I get no drain but as soon as I start on here its game over battery!

Oh well I'll live with poor battery to stay on cb10

Posted via Sega Genesis
    05-17-13 07:19 AM
    Scrolling in the contacts app while hovering over the letters placed vertically on the right side is greatly improved. It used to lag so much, now it's flawless.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 07:25 AM
    Yes. US carriers hate Blackberry. Because for whatever reason, US consumers, in general, hate Blackberry.
    Blackberry seems to be at the rock bottom of their testing queue. So when the rest of the world is ready to go, it seems some US carriers haven't even bothered testing the new patch.

I think Verizon for example is now TWO patches back. With any luck, you guys will be up to this patch by sometime in 2014.
    .......LMAO!!!!!!! Good one.
    05-17-13 07:30 AM
    Cellc South African just pushed the update

10.1 updated crackberry users check in!-img_00000124.png

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 09:38 AM
    Just got the update from Telstra!
    Really great! Took about 45 mins to download and install
    05-17-13 09:43 AM
    Is anyone still having problems with sayit after the update? How do you get the WhatsApp icon in the hub? It's not showing up in hub management

Posted via CB10
    Remember to allow all permissions for SayIt to work. Go to Settings > Security and Privacy > Application Permissions > SayIt, then allow all permissions
    05-17-13 10:28 AM
    I've noticed some great improvements since upgrading to 10.1. The contacts app is greatly improved. I'm not seeing any more duplications any longer. The hub is improved as well. The OS and apps seem to be running faster. All in all I'm pretty happy.

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    05-17-13 04:13 PM
    I noticed that when you hit the voice mail icon in the hub the phone app opens with keyboard enabled now so you can type in your password. I hated having to enable it every time in 10.0.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 08:02 PM
    Hi guys, its been 24 hrs since I updated the os to 10.1 and here are my observations.

1) The touch has become really good and cancelling the call after the conversation happens with a single tap which initially required a couple of taps.

2) The hub is so much more sexier and cool to look at and to use. just love all the icons an the way it handles.. one thing which im wondering is if all the app icons are there in the hub separately now , then whats the point of still having the notifications tab on the phone , as the notifications still shows whats app message and sw updates etc, whereas it should be just show calls and voice mails..

3) I got a notification on the phone when I connected my charging bundle to it saying that for faster charging I should connect the phone to the supplied charger. Damn cool...

4) u can toggle between the screens from left to right and the screen number shows in bold and a black bar appears at the bottom of the screen

5) The font size can be changed now. mine is set at a default 8. Is there a default font changer as well??? that would be really so awesome.

6) After the update I put my phone for charging as I wanted to have a full charge so that I could check the battery life. It took 2.5 hrs to charge from 54% to 100% with the phone not being used at all in that duration. Used the phone for 4 hrs after full charge ( low usage ) and then slept with all apps closed and when I woke up after 8 hrs the battery was at 15%.... shocking. hopefully this will get sorted after a few charging cycles..

PS- Did my 2nd ful charged and in 3 hrs the battery is down to 66% with medium usage. I do have a charging bundle so not worried about the battery life but getting a good 8-10 hrs on one charge with medium to high use would be something I look forward to.

7) the words are much sharper and crisper to look at while typing anything. the contrast seems to be better as well. I mean I dunno how but the words typed out are just a freaking pleasure to look at.

8) typing has improved with bigger fonts in auto correct and the green highlight. orgasmic to be precise.. The cursor circle is much better to use as well.

9) HDR camera is good and brings out a good level of contrast but the image gets out of focus if the object is not stationary, any idea how to tackle this???

The temp shot up to a 42 degrees for like 20 mins post the update.... lol...

Attaching a few pics too.
    Attached Thumbnails 10.1 updated crackberry users check in!-img_00001481.jpg   10.1 updated crackberry users check in!-img_00001468.jpg   10.1 updated crackberry users check in!-img_00001480.jpg   10.1 updated crackberry users check in!-img_00001467.jpg   10.1 updated crackberry users check in!-img_00001459.jpg  

05-19-13 06:10 AM
    Update.... the issue of duplicate contacts shoeing in my contacts list has been taken care of.... phew....

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 10:45 PM
    Got the update as well. I currently lives in Panama but travelling in Colombia & got the update. Excellent stuff
    05-21-13 07:29 PM
    Optus Australia has rolled out the 10.1 update. I'm happy with their turnaround on it; about a week since it was announced.

For some reason when starting a new paragraph, it puts "BT" and "T Mobile" as suggestions above the B and T on the keyboard. Weird

I think it rebooted overnight, but I'll keep testing it to see if I can repeat it.

Otherwise, pretty happy

10.1 updated crackberry users check in!-img_00000039.png

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 08:26 PM
    I should follow up with my original post of how 10.1 is after having it for a week.

1) the keyboard improvements are great. I find the predictive text to work better. I like how when you swipe up a word from the space bar you don't swipe out of the program anymore by accident. I very much like the new text selector. Huge improvement over the old. On a related note the phone dialer is improved with the copying and pasting of phone numbers directly into it. I do also very much like how pressing the end call button only requires one touch now. Previously you just had to keep pressing until you got the visual confirmation that the call is ending.

2) RAM usage is about the same. I had initially reported a gain, but that was probably because of the fresh reboot.

3) battery life seems to be the same more or less. It's difficult to gauge but I keep the same four apps open all the time and I get through my day just fine.

4) I had initially reported a more fluid and faster experience but this was probably due to the fresh reboot. At times I find the phone is a bit laggy/choppy. More so on this official revision than the last. Not sure why.

Overall it seems to be a more ironed out OS but still needs work in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 07:28 AM
    I should follow up with my original post of how 10.1 is after having it for a week.

1) the keyboard improvements are great. I find the predictive text to work better. I like how when you swipe up a word from the space bar you don't swipe out of the program anymore by accident. I very much like the new text selector. Huge improvement over the old. On a related note the phone dialer is improved with the copying and pasting of phone numbers directly into it. I do also very much like how pressing the end call button only requires one touch now. Previously you just had to keep pressing until you got the visual confirmation that the call is ending.

2) RAM usage is about the same. I had initially reported a gain, but that was probably because of the fresh reboot.

3) battery life seems to be the same more or less. It's difficult to gauge but I keep the same four apps open all the time and I get through my day just fine.

4) I had initially reported a more fluid and faster experience but this was probably due to the fresh reboot. At times I find the phone is a bit laggy/choppy. More so on this official revision than the last. Not sure why.

Overall it seems to be a more ironed out OS but still needs work in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Keyboard predicting is worse for me and makes me want to resort back to my fabulous WP8 keyboard

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 09:56 AM
    With a bit less then moderate usage u got around 8 hrs today.. this is the first time I have seen the battery pull thru so much... usually with moderate usage, it's 5 hrs tops. but love the phone to bits anyways...

One thing different which I did today was I didn't use the transform hardshell cover the whole day. The phone has heated up a bit lesser. Dunno if that makes a difference...

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 09:58 AM
    Anyone having issues sending text message after 10.1 update (I'm on Voda UK) getting error in red 'General Problems', it;s not every message.
    05-22-13 11:17 AM
218 ... 789