So I bit the bullet and installed the leak. And Link is still a liability to use for backup and recovery.
    So after I spent the best part of an evening fixing the mess Link made of my contacts I looked at the new os.
    It runs smoothly, no lag. No reboots so far but it has only been 1 day and I never suffered reboots too much anyway.
    The hub works fine, no issues with text Facebook or emails.
    Contacts seems ok. My only issue is BBM contacts are not showing up despite being synced. But I'm prepared to spend an evening copy and paste BlackBerry pins so that doesn't bother me.
    The notifications changes are a tiny step forward. Yes you can assign tones and number of vibrations but this is still a shadow of what 7.1 could have done. There is no option for short, medium or long vibrations and there is still no custom profiles. Also Mia is customising the led colours. So in regards to notifications the update is welcome but there is still a lot to be done.
    So far I haven't come across any issues with the leak and it is a solid update for the z10. The cursor mover is also very much improved.
    While there is nothing spectacular here, it is worth a go

Posted via CB10
    niss63 and shell272 like this.
    05-10-13 07:03 AM
    So I bit the bullet and installed the leak. And Link is still a liability to use for backup and recovery.
    So after I spent the best part of an evening fixing the mess Link made of my contacts I looked at the new os.
    It runs smoothly, no lag. No reboots so far but it has only been 1 day and I never suffered reboots too much anyway.
    The hub works fine, no issues with text Facebook or emails.
    Contacts seems ok. My only issue is BBM contacts are not showing up despite being synced. But I'm prepared to spend an evening copy and paste BlackBerry pins so that doesn't bother me.
    The notifications changes are a tiny step forward. Yes you can assign tones and number of vibrations but this is still a shadow of what 7.1 could have done. There is no option for short, medium or long vibrations and there is still no custom profiles. Also Mia is customising the led colours. So in regards to notifications the update is welcome but there is still a lot to be done.
    So far I haven't come across any issues with the leak and it is a solid update for the z10. The cursor mover is also very much improved.
    While there is nothing spectacular here, it is worth a go

Posted via CB10
    Do you mean you can set separate sms tones for individual contacts now?

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 08:01 AM
    What I also would like to see is WhatsApp in contacts, now we only see Facebook sms and BBM when I look in to the contacts profile

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 08:08 AM
    Do you mean you can set separate sms tones for individual contacts now?

Posted via CB10
    I haven't tested to see if sms works but you can give your BBM contacts a separate BBM tone now.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 09:26 AM
    yeah its a improvement. One big change i noticed with the first leak was the longer than 30 days in email. Its a small step forward but there is still lots of things that are needed to implement still and improve on.
    ihys and Spawn12 like this.
    05-10-13 09:56 AM
    I haven't tested to see if sms works but you can give your BBM contacts a separate BBM tone now.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, not interested in BBM as I don't know anyone else with a BlackBerry but would like to know about the sms tones.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 10:24 AM
    Wonder what 10.1.1 will bring
    05-10-13 10:52 AM
    Oh, not interested in BBM as I don't know anyone else with a BlackBerry but would like to know about the sms tones.

Posted via CB10
    Just tested.
    Still no joy for sms messages

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 11:59 AM
    Just tested.
    Still no joy for sms messages

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I didn't think it would have but thought I'd check.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 01:57 PM
    Lol I can see all the begging for 10.2 beginning now.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10.
    05-10-13 02:02 PM
    There are a whole host of improvements that are pretty significant IMHO, especially if you use (and like) VPN security as a matter of course.
    05-10-13 02:55 PM