is anyone's music player displaying all different artists as Various Artists instead of saying the Artist? like in the picture it's supposed to say Neako on top.

good Mixtape by the way. "the number 23"
    10.1 Music Player-img_20130545.png

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 10:46 PM
    Your best bet is to sit down and properly tag your library with Mp3tag. Also, make sure that your music is properly foldered (by artist and then by album), and that there isn't any extra album art .jpgs lying around.

Edit: Wait a sec, this is a mixtape, right? If it's tagged right, the album itself should show up as being by Various Artists, but the song itself should have the right artist.
    05-02-13 10:54 PM
    The "Artist" is the name of the individual song's artist

But in order to have all the songs be grouped to each other as an album, the "Album Artist" must have the same name, hence "Various Artist"
    05-02-13 11:17 PM
    before I updated to 10.1 everything was fine and organized.. before I would be able to scroll up/down from the song listing and it would show more songs from the artist from all their other albums(mixtapes).

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 11:24 PM
    I still think there are a few improvements that can be made to this Music Player, haven't noticed much change in OS 10.1 with the music player.

I think under "All Songs" section there should be a alphabet on the right side so that you can jump to songs that start with certain letters such as Z faster than scrolling alllll the way down. I'd use the search function but it seems to be random sometimes in its placement with songs and albums. I even fixed almost ALL the MP3 Tags!

And having the option to view all screens in LIST view would be awesome as well... Please i hope blackberry peeps can do these tweaks! : )
    05-02-13 11:27 PM
    I still think there are a few improvements that can be made to this Music Player, haven't noticed much change in OS 10.1 with the music player.

I think under "All Songs" section there should be a alphabet on the right side so that you can jump to songs that start with certain letters such as Z faster than scrolling alllll the way down. I'd use the search function but it seems to be random sometimes in its placement with songs and albums. I even fixed almost ALL the MP3 Tags!

And having the option to view all screens in LIST view would be awesome as well... Please i hope blackberry peeps can do these tweaks! : )
    yeah I really need that a-z navogation on the side..i have over 5000 songs so it would be really useful when I want to hear a song and still be able to shuffle all my songs

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 11:29 PM
    For the long list of songs, until BB get that alphabet function in there, try swiping up or down using two fingers.

Using two finger swipes makes it scroll faster.
    05-03-13 01:02 AM
    For the long list of songs, until BB get that alphabet function in there, try swiping up or down using two fingers.

Using two finger swipes makes it scroll faster.
    yeah that's what I've been doing but damn it still takes a while lol

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 12:10 PM
    I tweeted @MichaelClewley about this saying that an alphabet for song scrolling would be a great feature for the native Music player.

If you guys do the same I'm sure something will be done. He's the only guy that can help us out he deals with the software on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 12:25 PM
    I tweeted @MichaelClewley about this saying that an alphabet for song scrolling would be a great feature for the native Music player.

If you guys do the same I'm sure something will be done. He's the only guy that can help us out he deals with the software on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    will do

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 12:49 PM