I feel like I'm making more mistakes and the autocorrect isn't as accurate as before? Is it just me?

I liked the blue better too
    05-15-13 02:52 PM
    I feel like I'm making more mistakes and the autocorrect isn't as accurate as before? Is it just me?

I liked the blue better too
    I haven't had a problem with it and find it just awesome. BUT, I have read that the thing to do is clear the "learned words" and start fresh. Settings>Language and Input>Automated Assistance>Clear Learned Words.
    05-15-13 02:57 PM
    hmmm I was almost thinking it cleared my learned words ... may try that

Could just be my fingers got fatter after the update!!
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-15-13 02:59 PM
    No, it's not just you. There are bugs in the settings and prediction and correction is a bit of a mess now compared to 10.0.

The prediction now seems to favor plural forms of words, long words being suggested before shorter ones (end up typing out an entire 6-8 letter word and never have common short words appear). As well now it continually replaces correctly spelled words with whatever it thinks I should say (a la iPhone) and doesn't appear to be 'learning' (yes I've cleared learned words). To make matters worse a lot of the suggestions/replacements aren't even real words.
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    05-15-13 07:26 PM
    Yeah... thought so.

And now when I do a smiley face without the shortcut screen I do ":" then ")" it flips back from the symbol menu back to letters so I type :x a lot of the time instead of

weird!
    05-16-13 10:52 AM
    Haven't had that problem at least, fortunately. Mine seems to stick. As a work around instead of tapping the
    ?123 key, tap and HOLD it then slide your finger over to the : then repeat for the ) . Ends up being 2 swipes for ya instead of 4 taps lol
    05-16-13 11:02 AM
    Same for me but will get used to it. Here is a z10 question. How do I send text messages in sentences.

Like this
    And this

Instead of using full stops and extra spaces.

And also instead of sending one text after another.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated and sorry for being annoying :

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 11:09 AM
    No, it's not just you. There are bugs in the settings and prediction and correction is a bit of a mess now compared to 10.0.

The prediction now seems to favor plural forms of words, long words being suggested before shorter ones (end up typing out an entire 6-8 letter word and never have common short words appear). As well now it continually replaces correctly spelled words with whatever it thinks I should say (a la iPhone) and doesn't appear to be 'learning' (yes I've cleared learned words). To make matters worse a lot of the suggestions/replacements aren't even real words.
    Those were my complaints before 10.1. plural words being suggested without the singular being provided and longer words being suggested without shorter ones being provided. haven't noticed it as mush since 10.1

I'm not sure, but I think if a leak is loaded, it wipes the system and the phone may have to relearn...
    05-16-13 11:12 AM
    mine was official through the phone, no outside downloads
    05-16-13 11:51 AM
    I'd have to agree here -- when I first installed the 10.1 OS I felt like my typing was slowed down because of the extra mistakes I started making -- but after a week or so my keyboard game was back -- I think it just takes a little bit of time for the keyboard to "relearn" your typing patterns.
    05-16-13 11:53 AM
    I noticed this issue right away after I upgraded to 10.1. I'm with Fido and updated via the device.

It is crazy annoying! Was ready to rage a few times as I just started getting faster on the touch keyboard and all of a sudden it started to pick the wrong words when flicking up.

Prior to the update, I turned off AC on the spacebar (hella annoying) and only have the AC displayed on the top lines, so it's either TOP LEFT, TOP CENTER, or TOP RIGHT.

I find a lot of the time when I try to flick TOP LEFT, it'll pick the word from the TOP CENTER, and if I try to flick CENTER, it'll pick RIGHT. Prior to update it was fine.

I think I'll try clearing my learned words but I was hesitant to do this because It took a good month before it started to learn my vulgar slang...

Will re-post when I try this.

Oh, Also, even though I have the spacebar turned off for autocorrect, sometimes I'll see a word popup in green on the spacebar for a split second... definitely feels like a bug in the coding or something. It didn't do that prior to the update.
    05-24-13 10:27 PM
    Didn't there used to be an aggressive tuner? Or am I just dreaming?
    05-24-13 10:32 PM
    I hate that the word suggestion font is a lot bigger.. looked more sleek on 10.0

Posted via my sexy Z10.
    05-24-13 10:37 PM
    No, you're not dreaming. I hadn't noticed that it disappeared so I'm not sure when it did.

I have to say that the keyboard and predictions are MUCH improved in 2342
    05-25-13 02:58 AM
    I've noticed that as well have they changed the predictive text on the 10.1 update?

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 04:36 AM
    love the keyboard improvements wit 10.1
    05-25-13 08:50 AM
    All my learned words were still intact and typing seems smoother for me

Posted with my new BlackBerry Z10
    05-25-13 08:54 AM
    I feel the same, Multiple languages are not working well too. It makes more mistakes. I used to type very confidently with 10.0 without even looking at the keyboard. Now I make more mistakes. 10.1 keyboard is a bit of a downgrade.
    05-25-13 08:58 AM
    Don't ever restore on a new software update. Start fresh and relearn everything. I updated yesterday and the keyboard is light years better!

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 09:10 AM
    Yes, and it needs to come back. The three aggressiveness options were distinctly different in behavior and worked much better for me than the current one-size-fits-all setup.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 09:39 AM
    I also find the auto-corrected word flashing green on the screen to be distracting. Disabling that cue should at least be an option.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 09:40 AM