I am currently on T-mobile running 10.0.0.85 and I was wondering if someone out there running the pre release 10.1 and GMail (IMAP) could tell me if they fixed it where I can now see "all" my email mail messages just like the desktop instead of being able to only see the ones that where created or edited using the z10? The is one issue I am hoping they resolve, I can live with the 30 day issue as long as the viewing issue I described is fixed. I appreciate you time reading my post.
    04-22-13 06:27 PM
    It's an area they are definitely working on.

Should be good when they release the full 10.1.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 07:02 PM
    Thanks, I appreciate the feedback

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 07:41 PM
    I am currently on T-mobile running 10.0.0.85 and I was wondering if someone out there running the pre release 10.1 and GMail (IMAP) could tell me if they fixed it where I can now see "all" my email mail messages just like the desktop instead of being able to only see the ones that where created or edited using the z10? The is one issue I am hoping they resolve, I can live with the 30 day issue as long as the viewing issue I described is fixed. I appreciate you time reading my post.
    So basically you want to be able to search the server for all but don't care if the phone only keeps 30 days of emails stored locally?
    04-22-13 08:06 PM
    I for one would like this.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-22-13 10:25 PM
    not possible on non-android devices anymore unless you pay for an apps account. it's kind of annoying, but it's google's decision. i wonder if it'll be possible to sideload the gmail app in the future.
    04-23-13 12:13 AM
    not possible on non-android devices anymore unless you pay for an apps account. it's kind of annoying, but it's google's decision. i wonder if it'll be possible to sideload the gmail app in the future.
    Wouldn't want it it was junk

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 12:17 AM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 12:53 AM
    Wouldn't want it it was junk

Posted via CB10
    +1, I think. I'm not sure if you're referring to this but I'm using a Nexus 4 as an interim phone while I see what happens with the Z10 (I know, I know. Don't bother). The Gmail app on this phone is crappy. On a Nexus 4. From the company that owns Gmail. Push email shows up instantly in my Hotmail account and takes anywhere from 30 seconds to 15 minutes in the Gmail app.

I asked Google if they would help me with my Gmail issues.

They said they don't support it. I kid you not.
    Last edited by mset; 04-23-13 at 05:35 AM.
    04-23-13 01:31 AM
    I find that when I need to do some power searching in my Gmail account, pulling up Gmail in the browser gets me what I need. No app needed. For me, searching back further than 30 days is a rarity, not sure if that's gonna work for you as well as it does for me, but more and more, I'm finding that using the browser works great, and eliminates the need for certain apps. Which makes sense, I don't use an app for everything on my PC, I use a browser.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 01:31 AM
    I find that when I need to do some power searching in my Gmail account, pulling up Gmail in the browser gets me what I need. No app needed. For me, searching back further than 30 days is a rarity, not sure if that's gonna work for you as well as it does for me, but more and more, I'm finding that using the browser works great, and eliminates the need for certain apps. Which makes sense, I don't use an app for everything on my PC, I use a browser.
    It would be impossible for me to meet my mobile email needs from a browser on a smartphone. Each action requires an internet page load, including every element that you see on a Gmail page. Each day I have to manage a lot of email from clients, access previous email threads and send lots of new mails. The idea of having to wait through a page load and doing the necessary pinch/zoom actions every single time is untenable.
    Last edited by mset; 04-23-13 at 05:33 AM.
    04-23-13 01:54 AM
    I agree, the browser is not the answer. You need to be able to see all your emails just like the desktop. I know this can be done because my IPhone 5 used the IMAP scheme and I could see all my messages and also see beyond 30 days.

I know you can't use Active Sync because of the paid accounts issues and the spat between MS and Google, but you still should be able to get the view function to work like the desktop.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 05:22 AM
    It would be impossible for me to meet my mobile email needs from a browser on a smartphone. Each action requires an internet page load, including every element that you see on a Gmail page. Each day I have to manage a lot of email from clients, access previous email threads and send lots of new mails. The idea of having to wait through a page load and doing the necessary pinch/zoom actions every single time is untenable.
    Maybe I'm not getting it. I keep my logged-in Gmail account in "Home Screen" mode where it appears as an "icon" when closed out. Seems to work fine. Just tap and I'm in. Not the Hub, I know, but seems to work.
    04-23-13 05:42 AM
    So how come my spam folder doesn't show up in the hub?

Almost didn't confirm the order for my phone's unlock code cause I couldn't find it without loading up the Web client.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 06:21 AM
    Maybe I'm not getting it. I keep my logged-in Gmail account in "Home Screen" mode where it appears as an "icon" when closed out. Seems to work fine. Just tap and I'm in. Not the Hub, I know, but seems to work.
    Good point but I switched back to the z10 because of the Hub feature and it should be able to work like it's competitors do. I hope this is being addressed in the next "big" update. I hate to bring this up but GMail sync issues where one of the main reasons I left BB years ago. I hope they have learned their lesson?
    04-23-13 06:47 AM
    So basically you want to be able to search the server for all but don't care if the phone only keeps 30 days of emails stored locally?
    What I want is for the z10 GMail interface to work like my desktop does and be able to see the same messages as if I where viewing them on my desktop. As far as email storage on my z10, that's not what I am looking for. I want my z10 and my desktop to be synced as "one".

What I see on my desktop is what I see on my z10, if I delete a message on my z10, it should show up in the "trash" folder and not the "all" folder like it currently does. I should not have to be cleaning up one or the other, they should be synced perfectly.

I was using the GMail IMAP scheme with push on my iPhone 5 and without MS Active Sync and it worked like it should, so it should not be an issue to fix it. As far as using the GMail browser, it's not an option for me and defeats to whole reason I bought into the z10 was for the BB Hub feature, just my opinion.
    04-23-13 07:00 AM
    As far as using the GMail browser, it's not an option for me and defeats to whole reason I bought into the z10 was for the BB Hub feature, just my opinion.
    Setting the browser as a home screen icon works exactly as you say -- no pinch zoom required, all serves are there. You just want it to be in the Hub. Well, since it's already in the Hub in an abbreviated form, seems like it should be an easy fix. Generally a bit more flexibility in the Hub would be welcome anyway.
    04-23-13 07:20 AM