04-20-13 05:32 PM
338 ... 34567 ...
tools
    My 004 is Rick solid on WiFi.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    Yea my 100-3 build is solid as well I'd suggest a clean wipe and install again of the sdk to the guy with wifi issues

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 08:05 PM
    Any news on the shutter sounds so I can do some creep-creepin' e.g. taking photos of seminars?
    Camera sounds are still built in no toggles to turn off and being in silent mode doesn't affect it either

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 08:07 PM
    Any news on the shutter sounds so I can do some creep-creepin' e.g. taking photos of seminars?
    There is a free app called 'silent foto' which does that
    04-17-13 08:10 PM
    Think my only 3 gripes about the current OS is notifications (nice to see vib settings now), and file management, and lastly the cursor position bubble. I'm sure there are others but those seem to **** me off the most.

Unless I missed something the current file browser for music, video, and pics just socks. I really would like the ability to hide folders or atleast tell the OS where to look and only look there....

Pictures.. if finds every damn pic on my phone including cached pics.. which I found out the hard way.. installed theChive app and will it caches every pic and the pic browser sees them.. 100+ NSFW pics... While I was showing it off.. oops

Music and movies are the same way.. music has all my ring tones listed and I don't have them in the music folder.

Lastly is the selected text and cursor position bubble.. maybe my thumbs are just huge but how the Hell are you supposed to see what your doing when you thumb is covering the spot you need the cursor... i tend to just delete everything if I need to add a word... i can type faster than fleet that damn cursor in the right spot.

Posted via CB10
    BerryWizard likes this.
    04-17-13 08:10 PM
    Are there more functions on the lock screen like swiping to an empty space you can go straight to the hub or calendar Apr whatever is customized? You know faster steps to keep us moving.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 08:12 PM
    Brightness setting in BB10 is only for telling the auto brightness the max it can be

Posted via CB10
    So basically no option to turn off the auto brightness?

That could have saved some battery.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 08:14 PM
    So basically no option to turn off the auto brightness?

That could have saved some battery.

Posted via CB10
    Just turn the slider all the way down

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 08:14 PM
    FOUND!!! (with Hotmail)

10.1 Developer Beta Released-img_00000174.png

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 08:15 PM
    FOUND!!! (with Hotmail)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000174.png 
Views:	3834 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	152230

Posted via CB10
    Making a lot of people happy.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    calicocat2010 and sooman54 like this.
    04-17-13 08:17 PM
    FOUND!!! (with Hotmail)

Name:	IMG_00000174.png 
Views:	3834 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	152230

Posted via CB10
    Nice delivered as promised.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-17-13 08:19 PM
    My 004 is Rick solid on WiFi.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    it took me 15 minutes to get my outlook.com account set up. Every time I hit a "next" my internet connection was gone. I then had to wait to get it back and try again. It's been horrible. Has been bad on the official release as well. I did a factory reset a few hours after I got it and it improved, but still not perfect - much better than this 10.1 build though. I may have to replace this phone.
    04-17-13 08:20 PM
    Think my only 3 gripes about the current OS is notifications (nice to see vib settings now), and file management, and lastly the cursor position bubble. I'm sure there are others but those seem to **** me off the most.

Unless I missed something the current file browser for music, video, and pics just socks. I really would like the ability to hide folders or atleast tell the OS where to look and only look there....

Pictures.. if finds every damn pic on my phone including cached pics.. which I found out the hard way.. installed theChive app and will it caches every pic and the pic browser sees them.. 100+ NSFW pics... While I was showing it off.. oops

Music and movies are the same way.. music has all my ring tones listed and I don't have them in the music folder.

Lastly is the selected text and cursor position bubble.. maybe my thumbs are just huge but how the Hell are you supposed to see what your doing when you thumb is covering the spot you need the cursor... i tend to just delete everything if I need to add a word... i can type faster than fleet that damn cursor in the right spot.

Posted via CB10
    +1

I find the photo gallery also frustrating. It would be nice if they included an option to select which folders to show.

BlackBerry Link imports all my ringtones into my iTunes music list which is annoying
    04-17-13 08:20 PM
    There is a free app called 'silent foto' which does that
    Some people would like to have all the features of the default camera app like timeshift and now the new HDR feature coming soon.

Also, I didn't let the silent foto app go further then this screen and uninstalledbit it:

10.1 Developer Beta Released-img_00000049.png

But anyhoo, sorry to get off topic, let's get back on topic before we get into a camera shutter sound battle, LOL.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 08:21 PM
    Just turn the slider all the way down

Posted via CB10
    Turning it down is too dark.

I just want to turn off the auto brightness sensor and set it how bright I want it constantly.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 08:24 PM
    Some people would like to have all the features of the default camera app like timeshift and now the new HDR feature coming soon.

Also, I didn't let the silent foto app go further then this screen and uninstalledbit it:

Name:	IMG_00000049.png 
Views:	2435 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	152233

But anyhoo, sorry to get off topic, let's get back on topic before we get into a camera shutter sound battle, LOL.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, I also would like that, but I imagine that a silent shutter won't happen natively because it means less security in certain situations. Anyway, I also did not use the app, but knew it was there. Cheers
    04-17-13 08:26 PM

Name:	IMG_00000049.png 
Views:	2435 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	152233

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for saving me the trouble Young Z. Those apps are fishy.
    04-17-13 08:27 PM
    I don't know but the new OS doesn't seem to impress me that much. I thought it was going to be "huge" improvements and bug fixes in this release as BlackBerry promised. But while looking at this thread and seeing the developers haven't really noticed that much of a change, I'm just like... whatever.
    04-17-13 08:32 PM
    Nice delivered as promised.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    Yup but to note its so far only on my Hotmail ( I'm assuming live and outlook are the same) Gmail doesn't have this option

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 08:33 PM
    Have you noticed any battery life improvements?
    04-17-13 08:35 PM
    is it for 10.0 or just for 10.1 only?

meanwhile, any news for group texting? is it available on the contacts app?

keep the info coming, this is greaat!! woohoo bb 10.1 OS rules!
    There's an option to "enable group conversation" when you add two or more people to an sms.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 08:41 PM
    Yup but to note its so far only on my Hotmail ( I'm assuming live and outlook are the same) Gmail doesn't have this option

Posted via CB10
    It's there on my corporate exchange account and on my outlook . com account.

Posted via CB10
    BerryWizard likes this.
    04-17-13 08:43 PM
    Other than Facebook, Twitter and the clock /alarm, what native functions/apps are not available or working? Thanks
    I don't know, that is kinda what I was asking. I was wondering if I use it if my phone still functions as a phone.
    04-17-13 08:47 PM
    I don't know but the new OS doesn't seem to impress me that much. I thought it was going to be "huge" improvements and bug fixes in this release as BlackBerry promised. But while looking at this thread and seeing the developers haven't really noticed that much of a change, I'm just like... whatever.
    I can understand in some parts where you are coming from, but it's only going to be 3 months since the Z10 release when this update will be arriving.

I'm pretty sure they have an update road map, and bug fixes are probably the priority for this release instead of anything that will impress.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 08:50 PM
    I don't know, that is kinda what I was asking. I was wondering if I use it if my phone still functions as a phone.
    It'll definitely still function as a phone

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 08:53 PM
    I can understand in some parts where you are coming from, but it's only going to be 3 months since the Z10 release when this update will be arriving.

I'm pretty sure they have an update road map, and bug fixes are probably the priority for this release instead of anything that will impress.

Posted via CB10
    This and the release of the Q10. I'm sure they are working non-stop practically to please us. The updates so far look good. I enjoy being part of new OS updates. Keeps things exciting and fresh.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-17-13 08:53 PM
338 ... 34567 ...