04-20-13 05:32 PM
338 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Ok. I ran 10.1 for 24 hours. Just sent my z10. Back to 10.0.10.85

I loved all the little enhancements I came across, highliting and the input selector are great, in fact it's a great improvement, however I did find 2 things I need to point out.

1- The auto correct has been tampered with, and I don't like it. It's not about going from blue to green. It's at the core of the algorithm I think. I intentionally typed with mistakes and the space bar correction did not behave like the older one. In fact it performed well but was far behind the current one.

Ex: doyouwbattickneover
    The corrector knew I wanted to type "Do you want to come over tonight ".

On the newer os it would not suggest anything passed a certain number of mistakes.

2: If you back up your phone under 10.1 you can not use that back up to restore apps, media and settings to the 10.0.10.85 os. Not being backwards compatible is a little annoying. So all messages and settings yo do while testing can't be restored once you revert to your older os.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-18-13 04:48 PM

I loved all the little enhancements I came across, highliting and the input selector are great, in fact it's a great improvement, however I did find 2 things I need to point out.

1- The auto correct has been tampered with, and I don't like it. It's not about going from blue to green. It's at the core of the algorithm I think. I intentionally typed with mistakes and the space bar correction did not behave like the older one. In fact it performed well but was far behind the current one.

On the newer os it would not suggest anything passed a certain number of mistakes.

2: If you back up your phone under 10.1 you can not use that back up to restore apps, media and settings to the 10.0.10.85 os. Not being backwards compatible is a little annoying. So all messages and settings yo do while testing can't be restored once you revert to your older os.

Posted via CB10
    Both I believe are only results of being on a SDK and not a full OS

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 04:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not saying I don't believe you but why would they downgrade the auto correct?

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 04:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    After so many words it won't recognize anymore not a big deal
    10.1 Developer Beta Released-img_00000191.png
    10.1 Developer Beta Released-img_00000192.png

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 04:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    I do not think they downgraded it intentionally, they tweaked it, you can feel a slight difference in the way it behaves, even the way words are highlighted, this could still be a work in progress, and the way it's acting now can either be due to the facts its a dev build or they have been fiddling around with it in order to improve it. I like the way the words are highlighted it keeps you visually in touch with what you are typing.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 05:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it is a big one, but I just think we need to point these things out to help them know what's going on. Remember user feedback is worth far more than lab testing. We push the phones further than those who program the software. And BlackBerry has been listening very well to users of late.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-18-13 05:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    Loaded in typos, yet still detected well and corrected more. I doubt anyone would put so many words without spaces, but I wanted to point out the difference.

10.1 Developer Beta Released-img_00000002.png

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-18-13 05:20 PM
    That might be because it is dev mode, no?

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-18-13 05:25 PM

Possibly, I am not certain, but it behaves a little differently

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 05:33 PM

That could be the case but as stated if anyone types that string without that's just stupid

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 05:33 PM
    Im sure everything will be ok when the update comes out ... you as a android user must know that the leaks we had from sammobile were not that good as the official ones
    04-18-13 05:49 PM
    Im sure everything will be ok when the update comes out ... you as a android user must know that the leaks we had from sammobile were not that good as the official ones
    Sammobile was junk

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 05:57 PM
    That could be the case but as stated if anyone types that string without that's just stupid

Posted via CB10
    Yeahsomepeoplearejuststupid
    04-18-13 05:58 PM
    Sammobile was junk

Posted via CB10
    Maybe true but thats where all the leaks came from that almost every dev used
    04-18-13 05:58 PM
    I still do noooooot get why the change from blue to green to the autocorrector... Blue matched the whole theme everywhere (Hub, etc.)
    04-18-13 06:47 PM
    Yup but to note its so far only on my Hotmail ( I'm assuming live and outlook are the same) Gmail doesn't have this option

Posted via CB10
    Hotmail and outlook.com are effectively the same as MS is currently migrating al hotmail addresses to outlook,com ones. They both use exchange activesync to sync with BB10 unlike gmail which uses imap.
    04-18-13 07:40 PM
    two way outlook syncing will be a BB llink feature not a phone one. Link needs to be updated for that.
    04-18-13 07:53 PM
    So I just restored to .85, hopefully somone else still has 10.1 installed but i need my music for my daily gym work outs lol completely forgot i didn't have access to it when i hit the gym today
    04-18-13 08:39 PM
    Maybe it's not Blackberry that is altering the algorithm, it's you. Putting on the developer beta OS may have erased weeks of Z10 learning your typing style --- so the phone is starting from square one.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-18-13 10:25 PM
    So I just restored to .85, hopefully somone else still has 10.1 installed but i need my music for my daily gym work outs lol completely forgot i didn't have access to it when i hit the gym today
    Just curious... How did you go back a version?

Did you do a security wipe and do a restore from a backup? Or did you do a reload?
    04-18-13 10:42 PM
    Just curious... How did you go back a version?

Did you do a security wipe and do a restore from a backup? Or did you do a reload?
    Connected to computer booted up BlackBerry Link and did a software restore than a restore of my back up

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 10:45 PM
    Connected to computer booted up BlackBerry Link and did a software restore than a restore of my back up

Posted via CB10
    What is a Software restore? I don't see it as an option in BlackBerry Link? Or do you mean the "Reload Device Software"?
    04-18-13 10:49 PM
    As much as I LOVE chasing/tracking multiple threads on the same topic...could we consolidate things over into this thread instead?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...oaders-796929/

K THX
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-18-13 10:49 PM
    What is a Software restore? I don't see it as an option in BlackBerry Link? Or do you mean the "Reload Device Software"?
    Yea that option all means the same

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 11:40 PM
    i love the phone so much, just hoping a few things get ironed out. they need to fix the issue where group texts yield past texts/notifications from recipients of the group. deleted voicemails stuck in the hub. i also really hope that they add a call button from within a text message. you should be able to hit menu and then call if you wnat to call that sender quickly. few other minor things but otherwise excited
    04-19-13 12:03 AM
338 ... 910111213 ...