Doesn't that change the boot screen carrier logo to Rogers?

Posted via CB10
    No. The carrier boot logo is determined by the sim that is currently installed. When it boots up with the Rogers sim in, there was a Rogers logo...once I put my AT&T sim back in, the AT&T boot logo returned.
    05-14-13 09:58 PM
    I want to try this but what are the drawbacks if any? I mean do the carriers tweak the 'official ' releases at all?

Posted via messenger pigeon
    There are no drawbacks. The only tweaks are carrier bloatware. I had one Rogers app on the phone after the upgrade, and deleted it. Since I now have an AT&T sim installed, I won't keep getting the "update available" that only reloades the bloat. And since it's not an AT&T version, I don't have any AT&T bloat.

I've had it installed for two hours now and it runs absolutely perfectly, no issues at all. Every app works fine, even Android apps. I did this with the first 10.0.10.85 update and that's what I ran up until today, there was no need to update the the AT&T version (10.0.10.88) when it became available, my phone was rock solid with .85 and I was more than happy with it.
    05-14-13 10:03 PM
    If one was to perform this operation of using an unprovisioned SIM card to get say a Rogers update for a T-Mobile Z10, what will happen when Tmo does push the update? When they do, we'd want to switch to that one as it is rumored to have wifi calling but even if it doesn't and I just want to be on my carrier's supported version, how can I get that then especially if it isn't higher of a version # than Rogers so update check won't work?

~STV
    When I had the Rogers 10.0.10.85 version on my phone, I was fully able to check for updates on AT&T and the .88 version from AT&T was available for me to update if I'd wanted to...I chose to stay on the one I had since it worked so well and my battery life was phenomenal. If T-Mo comes out with an update, you will be able to upgrade with your T-Mo sim.
    05-14-13 10:06 PM
    Yea I am with everyone else here, I love the service AT&T has and the coverage but they drop the ball on updates for sure. I will wait about a week and see if they release, after that I will just install a leaked OS.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 10:09 PM
    When I had the Rogers 10.0.10.85 version on my phone, I was fully able to check for updates on AT&T and the .88 version from AT&T was available for me to update if I'd wanted to...I chose to stay on the one I had since it worked so well and my battery life was phenomenal. If T-Mo comes out with an update, you will be able to upgrade with your T-Mo sim.
    Since you got the update with the Rogers SIM, can you now edit the APN settings, or are they greyed out again after putting the AT&T back in?
    05-14-13 11:18 PM
    I tried with a Rogers sim over here in Trinidad with no luck any ideas...

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 11:37 PM
    I just tried downloading the leak and an update was done but it's 10.1.0.282. Has anyone else updated with this version?
    10.1.0.282 .... is equal to .... 10.1.0.1762

Go to Settings >> About >> ...... on the 'Cagegory' drop down select "OS"
    You will see your OS has:
    --- Software Release #
    and
    --- OS Version #

Therefore........

Software Release 10.1.0.282 = OS Version 10.1.0.1762

They are simply different ID numbers associated with a specific release of an OS.

I am on ATT.......I have almost always run on a leak because ATT is about the last to release an OS update and sometimes by the time they release, other carriers are pushing out a subsequent newer OS upgrade.

Prepare to wait and stay aggrivated if you think you need an 'official' release from ATT. I ran leaks on my BB9700, my BB9900, and am now on my 2nd leak on the Z10. Nothing is different about a leak except you are not waiting on ATT. There is simply no good reason to wait.

There is absolutely nothing special and no benefit to have ATT send you an OS update. At least I don't know of one.
    Last edited by duckduke; 05-15-13 at 12:03 AM.
    05-14-13 11:48 PM
    Am still on 10.0.0.99 the fone is unlocked no in trying to force the update with a Rogers sim

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 12:01 AM
    I think att is getting a bad wrap here. Not that I am totally happy with att, i've encountered bulls hit with them similar to the things that you will hear most users complain about.

Are we giving them no credit for being the first US carrier to push an OS update since the launch?

It seems like you all might be unsatisfiable customers...which would just give att more reason to return to their os 7 update philosophy of providing updates 7 months after everyone else. it's not like any other us carriers are pushing the update. And if you think about it the z10 was released 3 months after the markets receiving 10.1 today so wouldn't att be shortening the release gap by 2 whole months if they release 10.1 within a month?

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 12:19 AM
    I think att is getting a bad wrap here. Not that I am totally happy with att, i've encountered bulls hit with them similar to the things that you will hear most users complain about.

Are we giving them no credit for being the first US carrier to push an OS update since the launch?

It seems like you all might be unsatisfiable customers...which would just give att more reason to return to their os 7 update philosophy of providing updates 7 months after everyone else. it's not like any other us carriers are pushing the update. And if you think about it the z10 was released 3 months after the markets receiving 10.1 today so wouldn't att be shortening the release gap by 2 whole months if they release 10.1 within a month?

Posted via CB10
    This. I have been thinking that the whole time. They were the 1st US carrier to push the current OS for US carriers out now. Maybe in the past they've dropped the ball but maybe they will push out faster due to this being a popular device? I dunno. I guess we all have to wait and see.
    05-15-13 10:33 PM
35 12