Not sure how I got the update but I did. Thankfully the random reboots have stopped but now there's one thing that's happening that I can't seem to fix.

The bedside mode isn't working properly. I set it when I go to bed but it resets (drops) in about an hour. I reset it but again, the same thing. Last night I did it four times before I just turned the phone off (3,2,1 and dark). About an hour later not only was it on, and completely on - somehow it got on without my password. So I put it in silent mode and went back to sleep.

Has anyone had bedside mode problems? Or any problems similar to this?
    Recoton likes this.
    05-17-13 04:47 PM
    Glad you got the update I am still waiting (ATT). Did you get the camera update also? As far as bedside mode I haven't had any problems. Any other features or improvements since you're update you care to share?
    05-17-13 04:56 PM
    10.1.0.282 is the same as 10.1.0.1720, right? My Settings screen says no information available for software version.
    05-17-13 05:08 PM
    10.1.0.282 is the same as 10.1.0.1720, right? My Settings screen says no information available for software version.
    Yes. He stated the software version but the OS version is 1720

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 05:17 PM
    No, software release 10.1.0.273 is OS 10.1.0.1720

10.1.0.282 doesn't exist.
    05-17-13 05:21 PM
    The new os is ok, not that great 10.0.xx the latest update was probably the best, with10.1 it's a bit slow, including the keyboard, and the UI can get a bit choppy at times.

Nice features overall, but considering the time it took and the hype built around this update I'm disappointed. The best feature though that makes up for it all is remote access through link.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 05:44 PM
    The new os is ok, not that great 10.0.xx the latest update was probably the best, with10.1 it's a bit slow, including the keyboard, and the UI can get a bit choppy at times.

Nice features overall, but considering the time it took and the hype built around this update I'm disappointed. The best feature though that makes up for it all is remote access through link.

Posted via CB10
    Considering the time it took? In just over 3 months we've had 2 big updates and one small one. Are you expecting weekly updates? This is a huge os, not some app

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 05:51 PM
    No, software release 10.1.0.273 is OS 10.1.0.1720

10.1.0.282 doesn't exist.
    10.1.0.282 is OS 1762.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 05:54 PM
    Considering the time it took? In just over 3 months we've had 2 big updates and one small one. Are you expecting weekly updates? This is a huge os, not some app

Posted via CB10
    I'm not putting it down, I'm just saying this is a problem BlackBerry has, they build this hype around the next release and then it ends up being nothing spectacular. They had years to work on the phone and it came out non perfected. By the way, I'm not trying to put them down, I'm extremely loyal to BBRY and have a huge investment in the company

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 06:14 PM
    10.1.0.282 is OS 1762.
    How people are claiming this, I don't know. 1762 is a leaked OS with no software release version.

The OP claims to have 'got the update', which I can only assume was an official release as leaked ones don't just appear on your phone. I doubt therefore that it was 10.1.0.282
    05-17-13 06:27 PM
    I'm not putting it down, I'm just saying this is a problem BlackBerry has, they build this hype around the next release and then it ends up being nothing spectacular. They had years to work on the phone and it came out non perfected. By the way, I'm not trying to put them down, I'm extremely loyal to BBRY and have a huge investment in the company

Posted via CB10
    Ok... I can kinda see where you are coming from but the hype isn't by them, it's by this community. They are announcing new features for dev's to utilize in order for them to get excited about developing apps for BB10. This last conference was more for them than anyone. As for the time they had, it takes A LOT of time to code and make stable millionss of lines of code and make sure they all run together. Sure there are bugs but nothing major, and some missing features, but they will be added as they figure out the real life issues that arise. Android has had years yet they still need to update to fix bugs.... iOS has had 7 years but they still need bug patches.... and those are the times of them being on the market. Who knows how long they were working on it before that.

Just to be clear, I'm not being an apologist but a realist. I expect a lot but also expect issues to arise in such a young platform after it has been released to millions of users.
    05-17-13 06:30 PM
    How people are claiming this, I don't know. 1762 is a leaked OS with no software release version.

The OP claims to have 'got the update', which I can only assume was an official release as leaked ones don't just appear on your phone. I doubt therefore that it was 10.1.0.282
    I thought I was getting the leaked 1762 when I attempted the download but I have 282. It was not an official AT&T update. When it was finished it was like a new phone. I had to restore everything and reset all my emails, wifi settings, car Bluetooth etc. SMS messages were gone, photos from that day were gone also and had I known it would be a blank slate I would have backed up everything - but that's not the problem. The phone "appears" to be working just as fine as before except that I have not had a reboot in over 48 hours. Before it was twice a day or whenever it locked up and I had to pull the battery. So far it's been fine!

I did notice a few minor changes. For example, whenever you hold your finger over text as if to highlight text you want to change that circle that appears is much more defined now whereas it was a ghost of a circle before.

So the only issue I'm having is the bedside mode (BSM). It just doesn't stay in BSM throughout the night. It's night three now so we'll see what happens overnight.

Now, let me say this - and maybe this could be part of this - the day before yesterday there was an electrical transformer down the street which was giving the block power surges. GA Power says they will be replacing it within a week. I wonder if the power surges are affecting the device when it's plugged in. Last night it was plugged into the charger and not on a surge protector. Tonight I'll just leave it off the charger and see how it goes.
    05-17-13 09:50 PM
    I guess I spoke too soon. Just looked over at the phone and the screen was black! I picked it up and it was hot as hell - the hottest I've ever felt it. I unplugged it from the charger, took off the cover i recently bought and it began to reboot. Unfortunately it was too dead to stay on and died.

I'll put it back on the charger without the cover and hope I have a charged phone when I get up in the morning.

This is getting more bizarre by the day.
    05-17-13 11:08 PM