on the jan 30th, i rushed home to find the vids and reviews of the new Z10 online, i've been waiting for 7months over my contract to see this day and find out if the wait was worth it.
    jan 31st and i nip into my local vodafone store to have a hands on look, i'm told they only have a demo in at the moment but have a play, so i did.... and while i was playing/exploring i was told that there were some for sale after all.... so 3hrs after release in the uk i was probably the first person in northants to own a Z10.
    my first thoughts were how solid the phone feels and in my bigger hands how easy it is to grip. at first the spellcheck/wordflick was tbh, impossible but after a couple of days it works perfectly and it offers words in english and txtspk. the swipes and sweeps required to make the phone work are very easy to get to grips with and after a while become second nature.
    i loaded my contacts over link from my torch and swapped my memory card with all my music.my calendar was so full of junk i decided to start again.(personal phone not business use)
    the music player is much the same as before with great sound quality through the onboard speaker.
    the calendar did annoy me until i found the 'double tap on the day/week/month icon to return to today' shortcut.
    the HUB is a great feature and as you can filter mail/txt/twitter accounts it makes it very easy to find old stuff when you need to backtrack and of course, its always there when you need it whatever you are doing.
    the twitter app works but it is missing a left-right swipe to return to the top, holding tweets pulls the option to reply/retweet/etc which makes it very easy to use.
    the amount of apps in the BBWorld are stacking up daily, which was to be expected from a brand new phone on the market. as a rugger fan i have even managed to port 3 android apps from my work phone which work perfectly altho it didn't work for quite a few apps that i tried, but i can wait.i also like the way you can group icons into folders to make the home screens less cluttered.
    i've been messing with rfid/nfc tags and have now got a few around with addresses and bluetooth toggles for the van and handsfree kit.just need the app to switch the wifi on/off now tho.
    i have an hdmi lead that joins the Z10 to my 50" tv and the picture quality is awsome, angry birds and pocket ninja will never be the same haha.

so after a month am i happy? YES OF COURSE!!! the Z10 is far better than my expectations, it is easy to use, does all i need it to do(calls/calendar/tweet/txt/music) and it does it simply and easily. it looks cool in black and matches my playbook
    yes i'm a BB Fan and of course this may be a little biased as i'm stuck with it for 2yrs on contract, but the feeling of "have i done the right thing?" i had in the first week is now long gone and has been replaced with a "GO OUT AND GET ONE!" conversation.
    Last edited by nickdud; 03-02-13 at 05:36 AM.
    ibpluto and OneArseneWenger like this.
    03-02-13 05:24 AM
    Wow... Good writeup... Obviously biased but what would you expect when U post in crackberry, right?
    Good for U... And I have to wait for later march to get my hands on one...
    Btw, I assume you haven't had the latest update, right? How's the battery life? Is it ok good or outstanding good?
    Thanks for the summary..
    03-02-13 06:22 AM
    updated last night, not really sure whats in it yet but it loaded ok,
    battery life is around 12-15hrs but i'm always on twitter,reading mail,listening to music and with wifi and bluetooth it does drain it a little, i charge every night so not really a problem, only drained it once in the first couple of weeks while i was uploading apps and showing off loads lol.
    03-02-13 06:48 AM