Good news! You really can download apps that run on android systems straight to your the Z 10! I did and I am getting battery life that's just too good to be true!
    A few apps went sudden death on me AKA force closed and we'll sadly no call blocking app would work but I did find a battery all that did increase battery life that works and seems to not need to run in frame. I also found out that those that control data don't switch blackberry data on and off ( Sorry did not test all of em my phone ain't no testing ground).
    Weather apps work but Weather Bug dragged on my screen when switching screens,
    You mail works if you have an account with them download the latest version the old one don't work.
    If anybody has information about any call block app please share it with us. I found a forwarder that I may try to get up and running again I don't think any will truly work with our phones, I am on T-Mobile and if any forwarder will work I will try it in a heartbeat!
    I have some apps that put a notification message on my phone but that's about it as far as telling me it's up and running.
    I got some stuff that I had in my android that I used but they seem to be somebody else's build not the original stuff.
    What I have tried is rain alert app and it works but since it's the free version I can't set the time I want it to refresh.
    Again you can get much better battery life if ya have that kind of problem by downloading many of those apps instead of those at app world unfortunately I think the store has become infested with some lazy and or trifling imitation developers only interested in a buck or two and sell battery apps that didn't work on my phone.
    One seemed to be just a horribly written graphics app that just had a link inside it. Hopefully BlackBerry will look into this and kick them out.
    People download the store and try it, there's no need in us loyal blackberry users waiting on developers when we can go to the developers and show them that we too can put some money in their pockets IF they are willing to build some honest apps that truly function.
    And remember our platform is much easier to work with compared to android and it's multitude of platforms so it's a win-win for them if they come back.
    03-26-14 02:54 PM
    You said weather apps. I tried the weather underground one and it just crashes upon start.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 03:38 PM
    Snap native app is better and is non-intrusive. Google Play is also less risky in comparison.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Ecm and southlander like this.
    03-26-14 03:46 PM
    Try radar now... standby I got a few more.
    03-26-14 04:06 PM
    Rain alarm is another

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 04:11 PM
    Dave we all take a risk every now and then and yes some of the blackberry apps carry risk to. Think about it, Why would BlackBerry give us the ability to run android apps in any way if the risk was really that bad?
    Trust me I'm watching my phone like a hawk.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 04:14 PM
    Dave we all take a risk every now and then and yes some of the blackberry apps carry risk to. Think about it, Why would BlackBerry give us the ability to run android apps in any way if the risk was really that bad?
    Trust me I'm watching my phone like a hawk.

Posted via CB10
    That's not my point. The 1mobile app is a notification spammer while Snap will leave you alone lol. I simply know that Snap works better. That's all I can say.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-26-14 04:43 PM
    Oh I see, I must be lucky I haven't got hit yet. Thanks for the heads up. I will probably remove it after I make a copy. I got another app I need to convert if it's not in the market that will stipple certain permissions away from apps that do that kinda thing.
    03-26-14 05:02 PM
    Plus you get a bigger library of apps because Snap is connected to Google play.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-26-14 05:03 PM
    Oh I see, I must be lucky I haven't got hit yet. Thanks for the heads up. I will probably remove it after I make a copy. I got another app I need to convert if it's not in the market that will stipple certain permissions away from apps that do that kinda thing.
    03-26-14 05:03 PM
    I got another app that blocks ads too while leaving the most apps intact. When I get to my laptop I will get with some of you guys who know how to convert and send you the apks
    03-26-14 05:06 PM
    1 Mobile Market has what ya need-img_20140326_180638.png

z10stl100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-26-14 05:07 PM
    I got some good apps from 1 mobile market but it has annoying notifications in the hub. Anyway to disable this?
    03-26-14 05:13 PM
    I got some good apps from 1 mobile market but it has annoying notifications in the hub. Anyway to disable this?
    I don't think you can. That's what I was warning about lol.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    03-26-14 05:13 PM
    Try removing the market but keep the link. I only see those messages when I downloaded something.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 05:40 PM
    Install an Android task manager like Ghost Manager. Open the app, tap and hold over 1Mobile and select "manage app." It should let you turn off all notifications for the app.

Keep in mind though that this will block any new app updates that may be available as well.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 05:43 PM
    What I saw was something to the effect your app has downloaded and that's all I saw.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 05:44 PM
    Thanks OO

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 05:44 PM
    I know I probably don't need it but Memory up works in case anyone wants to know. The image is too large and so the bars don't fit. I just had to try it for old times sake

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 05:47 PM
    What I do need it the blackberry bold notifications sounds and ring tones of anybody has em let me know I love the way a blackberry sounds when the mail comes in BBPro_Sangunine is the sound I'd give my first born for!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 05:50 PM
    Battery save pro seems to most definitely work I also have Blueefficiency it says it can shut data off and bring it back up as needed but it don't it can do something else in android's media section and control synchronization of mail not sure if it can yet. But I do know that my standby time has more than doubled from 24 to 25 hours! One or both are working quite well. The battery savers in the App world just don't seem to do jack IMO. I also dumped Facebook wasn't using it anyway. Seems like I can get 6.5 of continuous web time. All estimated time from a full battery using WiFi.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 06:17 PM
    Does anybody have the link to Snap handy?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 09:01 PM
    Not me, sorry.
    03-26-14 09:27 PM
    Does anybody have the link to Snap handy?

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=884385

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 10:01 PM
    Why on earth would anyone use 1mobile rather than download directly from googleplay?
    03-26-14 10:19 PM
42 12