Just say for argument sake I haven't got a computer etc how would I transfer all my photos and music from my existing memory card to a bigger memory card? I have box (50gb storage) do I move everything in one go or individually? Or do I copy it? Or do I zip everything and move it? What would be the easiest way?

Also my gf has a android phone, sane thing really what's the best way to transfer all her stuff from Android (xperia s, no actual memory card) to her z10 without a computer?

Thanx guys

Sent from my Z10
    12-21-13 10:13 AM
    Most computers have a SD slot which allows you to insert the card directly into the computer (you may need an adapter). You can then plug your device via USB and should be able to see the SD card that's in your device. You now have access to both drives and can drag and drop.

The other way is to copy everything to your computer first and then paste onto the new card.
    12-21-13 10:20 AM
    If you have room in INTERNAL MEMORY, you could move stuff, all or whatever fits, to Internal Memory, then put in the new card, copy/move it to the card, erase from Internal put old card back in, move more stuff as needed, Rinse and repeat till it is all moved/copied.

I just did it the other day but did as suggested above, I used an adapter on computer to read the old card and moved stuff to the new card in the z10. (went from 32gig to 64gig)
    12-21-13 10:39 AM
    Having a computer would be probably the best way but I don't have access to one....my internal memory is down to 5gb but I have 11gb of music to get onto a new 64gb card when I get it soon

Sent from my Z10
    12-21-13 11:47 AM
    Just plug it into a card reader, copy all to desktop then paste all to new card. I've done it twice.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 12:27 PM
    Having a computer would be probably the best way but I don't have access to one....my internal memory is down to 5gb but I have 11gb of music to get onto a new 64gb card when I get it soon

Sent from my Z10
    Five gigs of space would only require 2 to 4 swaps. Maybe you could temporarily remove some apps to free up space and then download them again.

The other day, while I did not have to swap, in the past I've run into issues trying to just move/copy 15-20 gigs at one time. So I still did it in groups. About 1/5 of the tunes at a time. One or two videos, till it was all done.

I have a dsl internet connection and when I've tried uploading to the Cloud, it took forever to move just one day's worth of photos. I don't use that route, therefore.
    12-21-13 12:32 PM
    The options provided so far would work. I just wanted to mention that coping from a card to card is so flipping slow. Then again, coping is always slow with Microsoft and hard drives
    12-21-13 12:34 PM
    12-21-13 12:54 PM
    Brilliant except for the price tags
    12-21-13 01:18 PM
    If you're trying to move 15 gig, you really need to get yourself a USB 3.0 card reader.
    12-21-13 07:02 PM
    Ok thanx guys

Sent from my Z10
    12-22-13 03:02 AM
    If you haven't got a PC you could do what I did....bluetooth them from one to the other.....

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 03:25 AM
    Just say for argument sake I haven't got a computer etc how would I transfer all my photos and music from my existing memory card to a bigger memory card? I have box (50gb storage) do I move everything in one go or individually? Or do I copy it? Or do I zip everything and move it? What would be the easiest way?

Also my gf has a android phone, sane thing really what's the best way to transfer all her stuff from Android (xperia s, no actual memory card) to her z10 without a computer?

Thanx guys

Sent from my Z10
    Since you've got 50 GB of space in your Box account you can just transfer all your photos & music there. plug in your new card & put it back.

Remember to do it with wifi access just in case you didn't have unlimited data. Zip it for faster transfer.

Posted via CB10
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    12-22-13 03:36 AM
    Loc22 thanx mate...that was really my question....do I zip them all then move them or do I not have to zip them? can I move/copy them to zip all in one go?

Sent from my Z10
    12-22-13 04:32 AM
    Images and music are already compressed about as much as they can. That's why mp3's are 1/10 the size of .wav files and same with .jpg compared to .bmp. When you zip things using an unstable battery powered device like a smart-phone, you risk the chance of losing everything if the phone were to die or crash during the process. Don't zip anything. It won't save you time and it won't save you much space. In fact, it will take longer, because you have to compress everything first and then you still have to transfer everything.
    12-22-13 04:39 AM

Sent from my Z10
    To me the easiest way with no computer and no playing with the cloud is just wait for your new card to come in. Then since you are down to 5gb, copy 4gb of data to phone, swap cards. Then copy the 4 gb to new card. Repeat till all 11gbd is moved.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 05:13 AM
    Even better still, take your USB cable for your BlackBerry to work one day and simply use a computer at work as a USB hard drive for the transfer...
    12-22-13 05:20 AM
    Loc22 thanx mate...that was really my question....do I zip them all then move them or do I not have to zip them? can I move/copy them to zip all in one go?

Sent from my Z10
    Sorry Del, I really haven't tried the zip coz I didn't need to transfer so many files yet. Definitely if you zip & transfer it will be faster.

Do also consider the type of files you are transferring, eg it is not going to make much difference if you are transferring jpg files reason being that they are already compressed in the first place whereas doc, xls & ppt files will make a difference as they are not compressed yet.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 01:09 PM
    Thanx loc22 I've got plenty of photos which I'm not too concerned about because as u say they're compressed as it is, I'm more concerned about the music I have and not losing anything.

Thanx for ur help

Sent from my Z10
    12-22-13 01:48 PM

Thanx guys

Sent from my Z10
    I use Box as an on-line backup for my BlackBerry 10 smartphone. Disable wireless carrier synchronization to avoid any unexpected data usage.
    12-22-13 01:55 PM