Is this app going to arrive one of these days to BB10?

Rick Pringle, Z30 on CB.10
    07-01-14 09:56 PM
    7Digital was a huge part in the BlackBerry World store for music, and now they've started to shut it down to make way for Amazon Music. Or something.

Sent from my BlackBerry smartphone.
    It's not music downloading was directly integrated in to App World. I believe 7Digital runs it.
    07-01-14 10:51 PM
    Most likely not going to come in native form, but you can grab it from the Amazon App Store

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 11:37 PM
    7Digital was a huge part in the BlackBerry World store for music, and now they've started to shut it down to make way for Amazon Music. Or something.

Sent from my BlackBerry smartphone.
    07-02-14 01:09 AM
    I just got a tip about the HMV music app. It's driven by 7digital, too.

It's in BlackBerry World, though it's an Android port.
    pkcable likes this.
    07-02-14 01:34 AM
    A little update on this: BlackBerry is planning to close the music "department" of BB World on July 21, though previously purchased music is supposed to remain available. 7digital's stock is taking a major hit on this today:

7Digital Group PLC dives 12% as Blackberry Ltd shuts music store

The article makes some suggestion that talks are still continuing; I sincerely hope this is the case. I only bought maybe a half-dozen movies on BB World (all on 99 cent specials), but I bought a TON of music and I really liked the service.
    07-02-14 10:34 AM
    A little update on this: BlackBerry is planning to close the music "department" of BB World on July 21, though previously purchased music is supposed to remain available. 7digital's stock is taking a major hit on this today:

7Digital Group PLC dives 12% as Blackberry Ltd shuts music store

The article makes some suggestion that talks are still continuing; I sincerely hope this is the case. I only bought maybe a half-dozen movies on BB World (all on 99 cent specials), but I bought a TON of music and I really liked the service.
    It would seem logical that 7Digital would have an app in BBW - the only reason why not would be if it was going to be directed via Amazon instead.
    07-02-14 10:49 AM
    It would seem logical that 7Digital would have an app in BBW - the only reason why not would be if it was going to be directed via Amazon instead.
    Directing to Amazon is useless for anyone outside the US, since they don't sell downloadable media (music, movies) outside the US.
    07-02-14 10:52 AM
    Directing to Amazon is useless for anyone outside the US, since they don't sell downloadable media (music, movies) outside the US.
    Yet. Which is of course the reason why I suspect 7 Digital will provide an app.
    07-02-14 10:57 AM
    here's what I don't get and it's bothered me for a while.

Back before BB10, I actively purchased music through the music app on my playbook (not an iTunes guy).
    BB10 came out with 7digital powering it, however I was never able to access the purchased titles from the playbook.

I would've loved a way for this to have linked it would've made things a bit simpler.
    07-02-14 06:38 PM
    07-02-14 07:33 PM
    here's what I don't get and it's bothered me for a while.

Back before BB10, I actively purchased music through the music app on my playbook (not an iTunes guy).
    BB10 came out with 7digital powering it, however I was never able to access the purchased titles from the playbook.

I would've loved a way for this to have linked it would've made things a bit simpler.
    I agree that this was odd. I would have thought that a user should have access to all 7Digital purchases on both devices.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    07-03-14 12:26 AM
    I need some help relative to this. I haven't been much of a "digital" music user, other than buying several favorites from BBW for use on my BBs over the last few years. Maybe 15 albums.

I need directed to a thread or I need advice: I want to be able to purchase music for download onto both BB and PC, and syncing between them.

Is this some new Amazon service or will it just be an integrated version of existing Amazon Digital Music? Other options/places to buy and use on PC/BBs?

I use streaming for some things, but would like to play what I want / when I want / wherever I am. ( NOT interested in iTunes as an option).

I am a new Amazon Prime member, and have just recently discovered Amazon Prime Music (what's the best way to use this from my BBs?)

TIA for helping out!
    07-16-14 06:20 PM