Does BlackBerry not think that winding down BlackBerry World won't have any knock-on effect on their QNX for vehicles initiative?

One would think if you put QNX in vehicles, it would make sense to have a mobile QNX to hook into and unlock some premium \ offerings when a QNX phone is synced with a QNX stereo/sound system?

If BlackBerry wants more development on QNX for vehicle, they should push a QNXStore at least if they're not looking to have the BlackBerrys running QNX anymore.
    07-04-18 01:11 AM
    The TCL BlackBerry Mobile branded phones don't use QNX. BB10 phones will eventually become obsolete. Even with QNX as the operating system you can still have connectivity with android devices and bluetooth devices so I don't think a QNX app store could offer much. What kind of software/device would a "mobile QNX" be? And what advantage would it offer?

---={////]--[ Dispensed on my BlackBerry Passport 
    07-04-18 06:19 AM
    Does BlackBerry not think that winding down BlackBerry World won't have any knock-on effect on their QNX for vehicles initiative?
    No they don't.

They have about as much to do with each other as a carrot and a rubber boot.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    07-04-18 06:49 AM
    One would think if you put QNX in vehicles, it would make sense to have a mobile QNX to hook into and unlock some premium \ offerings when a QNX phone is synced with a QNX stereo/sound system?
    That’s what Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are for.
    Digital_Islandboy likes this.
    07-04-18 07:36 AM
    When apps for cars become popular I'm sure BlackBerry will look at a QNX store.
    07-04-18 04:49 PM
    That means the boat will have sailed, because Android Auto and Apple are already developing in that space right now. Arguably the may not yet be as stable as QNX yet, and I bet you those two are going to encourage software markers to start coding for their products meaning the mobile domination will spill over to the car and what will BB have left for an industry then? Many of BlackBerry's current press releases are about signing deals for 'QNX in autos.' Sadly they aren't doing enough to protect that marketshare now and proverbially it appears to be one of the last nails on which they hang their hat.
    07-06-18 12:13 AM
    Self driving cars are starting to release now in some test markets. Some powered by Google, some by Apple, some by the ride hailing cos like Lyft or the like. If not now, when?
    07-06-18 12:15 AM
    That means the boat will have sailed, because Android Auto and Apple are already developing in that space right now. Arguably the may not yet be as stable as QNX yet, and I bet you those two are going to encourage software markers to start coding for their products meaning the mobile domination will spill over to the car and what will BB have left for an industry then? Many of BlackBerry's current press releases are about signing deals for 'QNX in autos.' Sadly they aren't doing enough to protect that marketshare now and proverbially it appears to be one of the last nails on which they hang their hat.
    I don't think your understand what QNX does in auto.

It is the platform software on which Android Auto and Apple Carplay operate.
    07-06-18 06:39 PM