I've reported this app to BlackBerry staff and contacted the Dev personally and they ignored my messages after finding the app on my son's PlayBook. Children shouldn't be subjected to racist organisations being allowed to promote hate through BlackBerry World.

The app is called TV for BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry 10. The Dev is Yaybe.TV

The app is a streams live TV but my issue is that it is streaming a TV channel from a racist organisation in the UK called the British National Party or BNP as they are commonly known. If the Dev removes the channel from streaming it's one thing but it they refuse the app needs to be removed.

Is there a formal complaint process to flag apps like this? Even after speaking to a couple of BlackBerry staff they haven't told me how to complain about the matter and now the app is being promoted via main page on BlackBerry World in the UK .

Posted by my Z10 on CB10 app
    08-01-13 05:22 PM
    I've reported this app to BlackBerry staff and contacted the Dev personally and they ignored my messages after finding the app on my son's PlayBook. Children shouldn't be subjected to racist organisations being allowed to promote hate through BlackBerry World.

The app is called TV for BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry 10. The Dev is Yaybe.TV

The app is a streams live TV but my issue is that it is streaming a TV channel from a racist organisation in the UK called the British National Party or BNP as they are commonly known. If the Dev removes the channel from streaming it's one thing but it they refuse the app needs to be removed.

Is there a formal complaint process to flag apps like this? Even after speaking to a couple of BlackBerry staff they haven't told me how to complain about the matter and now the app is being promoted via main page on BlackBerry World in the UK .

Dont let him watch it?

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    08-01-13 05:25 PM
    Because BlackBerry is going to Parent for you.

Seriously though, remove the app, tell your kid not to watch that, etc.

While I certainly agree that racist and offensive content shouldn't be allowed, it's not the app's or bb's fault that the channel exists.

That's like telling someone to shut off the Internet because your kid may come across a hate site.

Regardless, more than racism and hate, I don't believe in censorship. So I certainly don't agree with you.

Posted in the Throne Room
    Jimberry Storm and MKDS like this.
    08-01-13 06:26 PM
    What is the rating of the app? If it is improperly rated you can reach out to BB, but based on the fact you dont want your child watching that particular channel, the above suggestions (removing the app, not letting them watch that channel, etc) are appropriate. You have all the capability you need to handle this situation for your child. Also, you are welcome to leave feedback to that affect on the app.
    Elite1 likes this.
    08-01-13 08:32 PM
    If people can't come with constructive comments on how to get the app removed then don't bother responding. I have no interest in reading crap about freedom of speech.

This organisation doesn't have a remit to promote their channel in the UK And they aren't licensed to do so by OFCOM as TV channels whether online or via traditional means are supposed to be therefore the channel is breaking the law. The app developer is breaking the law and there are legal ramifications for BlackBerry in the UK as this channel promotes racism which is a hate crime.

The app is targeted at all age ranges which it clearly shouldn't be. Somebody at BlackBerry didn't check the app and now it's got through the system.

08-01-13 09:35 PM
    calm down. There is no need for name calling. People are trying to help the best they can
    Elite1 likes this.
    08-01-13 11:00 PM
    In that case contact the authorities, or the media if you want real results.

Hopefully they'll ignore you less.

Posted in the Throne Room
    08-02-13 12:57 AM
    If people can't come with constructive comments on how to get the app removed then don't bother responding. I have no interest in reading crap about freedom of speech.

This organisation doesn't have a remit to promote their channel in the UK And they aren't licensed to do so by OFCOM as TV channels whether online or via traditional means are supposed to be therefore the channel is breaking the law. The app developer is breaking the law and there are legal ramifications for BlackBerry in the UK as this channel promotes racism which is a hate crime.

The app is targeted at all age ranges which it clearly shouldn't be. Somebody at BlackBerry didn't check the app and now it's got through the system.

Sorry to say, but you'd rather sit here and think of a way to remove this app from the app world, which others might enjoy, because you're failing to tell your child not to watch that?

Why not spend this time and energy into teaching your child right from wrong, what racism is and how hurtful it is. Why racism is wrong, and that type of television content is not good for him.

I know my daughter would never be allowed to download this. If I found it on any techno device, I'd feel ashamed with myself for not better monitoring what my child is doing.

I've never thought I'd have to be one of these "parental preacher" types, and I hate voicing my opinion as it really is coming off as telling you how to parent your child, although that is not my intention, it is merely being spoken as a form of a suggestion.

As for the App, if it really truely is airing this content, bring it up with your national television broadcast controller, let them look into it. If it is violating laws, then they can deal with BlackBerry, and I can guarantee that app will be removed or edited
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    08-02-13 01:19 AM

Wouldnt addressing the root cause serve your purpose better? Get the channel removed from broadcasting if it breaks the law (as you seem sure it does). Contact your appropriate authorities and/or take legal action. Once they stop broadcasting, it will filter down to all of the various media, including this app.
    08-02-13 07:06 AM
    The BNP are scum but this app breaks no law - UK regulatory bodies have no control over people streaming content over the web.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2
    08-02-13 07:26 AM