Since BlackBerry world is shutting down by the end of the year... what do you think the best option for bb users? Are we gonna have to download Google play store? Or start using amazon appstore? I really hope blackberry has a plan after shutting down bb world. Like moving all the apps to the amazon appstore or something like that.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-19 10:58 AM
    Since BlackBerry world is shutting down by the end of the year... what do you think the best option for bb users? Are we gonna have to download Google play store? Or start using amazon appstore? I really hope blackberry has a plan after shutting down bb world. Like moving all the apps to the amazon appstore or something like that.

Posted via CB10
    @TrumpetTiger here’s one for you
    09-26-19 11:00 AM
    the amazon store has been useable for years now and you can use some alternative app stores that are variations of the play store. You can continue to use BB10 with those options and that is the plan

Apps in BB World are not going to be put in another store. There is no point. Their plan is clearly stated. It will shut down and probably not be accessible. That is what happens with End Of Life products and BB assumes and encourages you to move to completely supported platforms like the Key devices with full google play support.
    09-26-19 11:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's not really up to BlackBerry, it's up to each individual developer... those still supporting user are offering up other options either one their own sites or they have made their files available and others are hosting them. Those that walked away years ago... it will be over for those apps.
    09-26-19 11:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hey axmro,

While Blackberry is unlikely to move their apps, I'm pleased to report we don't actually need them to for two reasons:

1. Many developers are now releasing or getting ready to release their apps as .BAR files directly. They will then be hosted in an online repository for anyone to download and sideload via Sachesi or related software. If you want to check out the beginnings of this repository, look at this thread:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-apps-1176119/

2. I will be posting this in another thread for more discussion, but there is actually now word from one of my sources at Blackberry that Blackberry World will be put into static mode (so no more app updates or new apps released via that method) but that it will actually REMAIN AVAILABLE after the end of the year!!!! To be clear this has not been officially stated by Blackberry, but I trust my source and there would be no reason for them to lie given the financial lack of incentive by BBL to do this.

In either case I think we'll be good to go for the native apps we all love!
    09-26-19 05:09 PM