Hi everyone,

I'm from Pakistan and online shopping has recently been available for credit card customers only. I only use debit cards and was delighted to see my bank came up with a visa that can be used for online purchases without any service charges. I received it today and after activation went straight to BlackBerry Appworld. Finding it difficult to pick an app to buy is a different story but finally I decided to buy Paper Camera. The purchase went fine and the Appworld asked for my confirmation for USD 4.99 purchase. But then I received text confirmation of two deductions:

- USD 1.67
    - USD 4.99

I've lodged a complaint with the bank but they're saying that there are no transaction charges imposed by them and that the merchant (BlackBerry Appworld) may have their own transaction charges. I checked out BlackBerry Appworld website from my laptop but it kept kicking me out on session expiry or just gave error messages about server not available or something; couldn't find anything on help files and it's getting really frustrating.

So I've turned to CrackBerry, the better BlackBerry help than BlackBerry itself. Can anyone share thoughts on what's going on here?

First ever app purchase and weird deduction.-bbappworldpurchase.jpg
    02-27-14 01:59 AM
    I don't know how applicable my experience in the USA is to what goes on in Pakistan - probably not much.

But I have never personally seen, nor have I ever heard, of any additional surcharge added onto the purchase of apps or content in BlackBerry World.

This could be something imposed by your government or your bank.

Or there could be a security issue somewhere.

I have seen and interacted-with several Crackberry users from Pakistan, so perhaps some of them will see this and comment as well.
    02-27-14 02:59 AM
    Look as if you made you made2 separate transactions.

DHS
    02-27-14 03:05 AM
    Update: Just bought Work Timesheet ($0.99) and there was no extra deduction. Makes me think that the $1.67 was some old pending payment. But for what? No download started after the payment.
    02-27-14 03:26 AM
    I don't know how applicable my experience in the USA is to what goes on in Pakistan - probably not much.

But I have never personally seen, nor have I ever heard, of any additional surcharge added onto the purchase of apps or content in BlackBerry World.

This could be something imposed by your government or your bank.

Or there could be a security issue somewhere.

I have seen and interacted-with several Crackberry users from Pakistan, so perhaps some of them will see this and comment as well.
    It does appear to be a separate transaction, my next purchase confirmed that there are no extra charges by the Bank, this could be an old pending payment. Just need to understand what I paid for!
    Omnitech likes this.
    02-27-14 03:29 AM
    i purchased an app from bbworld using a visa card, and was only charged for the app... no additional charges were imposed.

hope you find out what you paid for so you can download it and use it.
    zee_shah likes this.
    02-27-14 04:36 AM
    It does appear to be a separate transaction, my next purchase confirmed that there are no extra charges by the Bank, this could be an old pending payment. Just need to understand what I paid for!
    Contact BlackBerry Support preferably through your wireless carrier so the incident does not cost you any money. They should take down the particulars and might send you some paperwork via email before forwarding the incident ticket to Digital River for review. When I worked for BlackBerry I had the authority to approve or deny refunds based upon my assessment of the provided documentation. Do you have receipts for each BlackBerry World purchase? The USD1.67 might have been for an application you downloaded or whose transaction was interrupted and failed on to download but BlackBerry World marked it complete. Trust me for USD1.67 BlackBerry would rather refund it and keep an existing client happy than risk disenfranchise an existing client. If you don't get satisfaction simply ask politely to be transferred to Tier 2 Support. Again to avoid an incident-based support fee call your wireless carrier and ask them to transfer you to BlackBerry Support. Best of luck.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    Omnitech and zee_shah like this.
    03-08-14 07:27 PM
    Hey same thing happened to me today
    Just entered my cc info and was charged GBP 1.0 which was reversed but that happened again once I updated my cc info and haven't been reversed that amount
    I also haven't got any receipts for the same
    A few moments later I bought Sayit got a receipt as usual for the app
    But BW still charged me 1 GBP dunno for what

Also me regional currency is in rupees INR ( in which the receipt for Sayit was)

Any advice??

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 05:12 PM
    Hey same thing happened to me today
    Just entered my cc info and was charged GBP 1.0 which was reversed but that happened again once I updated my cc info and haven't been reversed that amount
    I also haven't got any receipts for the same
    A few moments later I bought Sayit got a receipt as usual for the app
    But BW still charged me 1 GBP dunno for what

Also me regional currency is in rupees INR ( in which the receipt for Sayit was)

Any advice??

Posted via CB10
    The GBP1.00 charge and reversal is a common tactic to verify the credit card account is legitimate. The non-reversal after the second credit card change should be monitored for 72 hours; if no reversal happens contact BlackBerry Support via your wireless carrier.
    03-11-14 05:57 PM
    Try topping up money on your BlackBerry smartphone device, that's what I do I top up and then I buy the app that I want using the credit on my sim card that way I don't have to worry about my credit card details getting hacked into or something bad happening to it

Posted from BlackBerry z10 white

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 06:05 PM
    Have you checked with the actual credit card fees?
    Once upon a time there were Check cards. And they were a nuisance. There was a lot my bank at the time had no idea.

It could be a handling charge. Source- by BlackBerry or card

I would look into the fine print of the card.

I hope I didn't state the obvious. But I really feel ya

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 03:26 PM
    Hi lycan666

Did you get the refund of 1GBP which was deducted on your first purchase?
    09-03-14 03:21 PM
    Same happen with me today I purchase app to bbworld by visa debit card and blackberry world deducted extra 104 INR
    First ever app purchase and weird deduction.-img_20140904_220619.png

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 12:43 PM
    Update: Just bought Work Timesheet ($0.99) and there was no extra deduction. Makes me think that the $1.67 was some old pending payment. But for what? No download started after the payment.
    Did the download start after the payment?
    I purchased Hub++
    I received a text for GBP 1 deduction and from the looks of the remaining balance, the app price seems to have been deducted as well but no download.

How do I go about it?
    (from Pakistan)
    Last edited by umaima.b.zia; 09-19-14 at 04:28 AM.
    09-19-14 02:04 AM
    Hello. Please anyone from Pakistan guide me how make the purchases through BlackBerry World. I've tried doing it but just can't. I'm trying through my debit card of Bank Islamic so is it possible to get the app or do I have to get a credit card?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 02:50 PM