Hey folks,

I just wanted to add my credit card to my wife's BB World account, but it never worked. Always get the same error code PS1036da

Tried the help page from BB --> Change your payment method - BlackBerry World on a computer - latest

But unfortunately there is no way to change any payment methods from the website. Whenever I click on my account name in the top right corner, there's only "log out" or "account settings". And there's no place to set up a payment method – not even under account settings.

Do payments in BBW still work for you?
    Should I still be able to add a credit card?

PS: Is it possible that I can't connect one credit card to two Blackberry IDs? Because I wanted to use my credit card for me and my wife.
    Last edited by markus2107; 10-06-17 at 02:35 PM.
    10-06-17 02:22 PM
    Do payments in BBW still work for you?
    Should I still be able to add a credit card?
    Yes and Yes. Having said that, there are many known problems with payment options in BBW. I use PayPal with no problems but others have had no luck resolving the issue. Search CB and you will find many threads but seemingly, few answers. I once had a problem and resolved my issue by deleting the payment account in PayPal and then creating a new payment option with a different credit card but ymmv.
    10-06-17 02:28 PM
    And one credit card for 2 BB IDs, that should work?
    10-06-17 02:52 PM
    And one credit card for 2 BB IDs, that should work?
    Yes.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-17 07:36 AM
    Well, add me to this list. No PayPal, no credit/debit card. You'd think the one thing in the universe Blackberry would want is money. It's really irritating to go and try to buy apps and BBW won't take my money. Odd choice of business model.
    playfoot likes this.
    10-14-17 09:33 PM
    Yeah, I've deleted and re-added my Paypal account twice and it still doesn't work, and I've tried adding my credit card and it just won't. I get the PS1036da error.
    10-16-17 07:58 PM
    Just solved the problem of "PS1036da error" by the follow way: downloaded from my BB the free app "Payment Options" and registered my PayPal account in it. Works! Good luck.
    Last edited by Tinatoo; 10-18-17 at 08:58 AM.
    10-18-17 06:25 AM
    Already installed the app, but still the same error when trying to add cc
    10-19-17 03:49 PM
    The "Payment Options" app didn't work for me either. Removed both CC and PayPal accounts, can't add new ones.
    10-19-17 06:12 PM
    I'm having this same problem. My bank just issued me a new CC number due to a security breach and cancelled my one old. So I deleted the old number on my BB, and when I tried to add my new CC, I got "PS1036da". While trying to solve this, I deleted my PayPal account and couldn't add that back either.

Yesterday I tweeted/DM'd @blackberryhelp and after much back and forth, they finally said...
    "Thanks for all this information. This issue needs a deeper investigation, so I would suggest that you contact our phone support team. Kindly check this link: http://blck.by/2rxeSbi , for the details on how to reach them." The link will get you to their support phone number, which you can call for a $35 charge. If/when I do that, I'll post their response here.
    10-20-17 01:56 PM
    There's no way in hell I will pay $35 for them to solve a problem BB World has with accepting payments.

I cannot add my paypal account; get the ps1036lq error.
    I cannot add a credit card; get the ps1036da error.

I have followed the steps of deleting the existing accounts and trying to add them back. Does not work. It's been quite a while now but if I recall, I got started down this path because my existing accounts that were saved and working previously, quit working.

Obviously I'm not alone... BlackBerry, are you listening? (I doubt it)

EDIT - apparently they were listening, at least to some degree - http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...language=en_US

The updated payment options app DID work for me. I was able to add my paypal account and complete an app purchase. Since I didn't mention this earlier, this is on my Passport SE running 10.3.2.2836

Richard
    Last edited by RichardHBB; 11-08-17 at 01:25 PM.
    Soccerlemon likes this.
    11-08-17 12:41 PM
    The payment options app only seems to fix PayPal. There are a lot of reviews that confirm this.
    11-10-17 05:57 AM
    Maybe so. I didn't try adding a credit card. Previously, I could add neither. Before having problems at all, several months ago, I had both payment options active and they suddenly quit. Following the earlier advice of deleting and re-adding, I found I could not add any. Thankfully paypal is fine by me and I did get it working after downloading the payment options update.

Richard
    11-10-17 10:15 AM
    There are a lot of reviews that confirm this
    Are there really? No offence, but I have only seen 1 previous confirmation of this. Would like to see more.
    11-10-17 10:24 AM
    Are there really? No offence, but I have only seen 1 previous confirmation of this. Would like to see more.
    Just look at the reviews on BB World.
    11-10-17 11:07 AM
    Just look at the reviews on BB World.
    True that, but the reviews are quite mixed (as usual, I guess).

Posted via CB10
    11-10-17 11:45 AM
    Have been trying for the better part of this year, perhaps longer to purchase a couple of games before BBW fades off into history. Have been unable to as I receive the same error message. Nothing has solved the problem......

As someone wrote above, you think BB would like money.
    Soccerlemon likes this.
    11-19-17 07:57 AM
    Absolutely nothing works. I've tried to re-enter Paypal info, tried removing Paypal and adding a cc instead, tried installing the payment app. I think the next thing I will try is getting an android, Samsung, or iPhone because my BB is almost useless when I cannot purchase premium apps.

Nevermind BB not making money, the developers of the paid apps should be ringing alarm bells too.
    11-22-17 02:06 PM
    Are there no resolutions to this error? I have an expired card on my account that I'd used for purchases earlier this year and now when going to add a new card it only displays Paypal as an option, and if I edit the former card item with the new card details I get the error code mentioned in the topic.
    12-17-17 07:20 AM
    Apparently not. Just silence and more silence.
    12-18-17 11:26 PM
    Are there no resolutions to this error? I have an expired card on my account that I'd used for purchases earlier this year and now when going to add a new card it only displays Paypal as an option, and if I edit the former card item with the new card details I get the error code mentioned in the topic.
    My cc expires next year, too. So I guess by the end of the year, i wont be able to buy anything on BBW....
    12-21-17 07:42 AM
    If you can get paypal working then you'd be home free, since you can add/remove/update CC info via paypal instead of trying to do it on BBWorld.

Richard
    01-18-18 11:47 AM
    PayPal still doesn't work on my phone.
    01-18-18 07:06 PM
    Same for me... I go into this maddening loop of re-enter your PP pass with no success. Even when you want to help the community BB finds a way to screw that up.
    02-23-18 11:59 PM
    I solved my problem buy buying another phone. I really miss my Z30.
    02-24-18 04:24 PM
35 12