I have 45 movies on a 128GB card in my Q10, bought through blackberry world's various 79p sales etc.

Now that the video side of BBW has been axed, when I move to my next handset am I still going to be able to re-download licences to watch these movies, given that the 5 device rule should still apply, or am I going to lose the right to take all of them with me?

Also, does the amazon store have a similarly easy way of buying films and being able to store them on an sd card and watch through the native video app, as opposed to messing about with cloud storage and watching through google play equivalents?

#Blackberrytillidie
    06-24-14 06:12 AM
    BBRY has stated that despite their music & video stores closing, all previously purchased content will continue to be available via My World section of BB World.
    06-24-14 06:17 AM
    BBRY has stated that despite their music & video stores closing, all previously purchased content will continue to be available via My World section of BB World.
    I'm truly hoping this is the case. I'm currently downloading all my videos in the hopes of not losing them. I have even held off on loading up the most recent beta OS for my Z30 because I've found upgrading the OS in the past had killed the license and requires a re-download of the movie.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 09:24 AM
    I'm truly hoping this is the case. I'm currently downloading all my videos in the hopes of not losing them. I have even held off on loading up the most recent beta OS for my Z30 because I've found upgrading the OS in the past had killed the license and requires a re-download of the movie.

Posted via CB10
    I'm facing that license issue right now. Could you please advise how you solved that?

Monster Z30 | Connect 2BA7BC8C | follow @anubhavnagpal | join BBM India Hangout at C0001C740
    07-19-14 01:07 PM
    I'm facing that license issue right now. Could you please advise how you solved that?

Monster Z30 | Connect 2BA7BC8C | follow @anubhavnagpal | join BBM India Hangout at C0001C740
    After I upgraded and found the movies not working, I just re-downloaded them from blackberry world. That got them working again. This was with a destructive upgrade...I don't know if a nondestructive would kill the license or not.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 02:03 AM
    I just did a device swap yesterday and now my movies don't play. I bought them a while back and now can't watch the 2 I haven't seen yet. The license files did not transfer and there's no more video store to re-download!

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    07-22-14 10:00 PM
    Open bbworld

Press the icon on the bottom left

Select my world

Select videos

Select movies

And re-download

Posted via CB from my LE
    07-22-14 10:02 PM
    I just did a device swap yesterday and now my movies don't play. I bought them a while back and now can't watch the 2 I haven't seen yet. The license files did not transfer and there's no more video store to re-download!

You never needed to go into the store itself to re-download. Go here
    Can I get my BlackBerry World Movies on my next device?-img_20140722_230219.png

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    07-22-14 10:03 PM
    Open bbworld

Press the icon on the bottom left

Select my world

Select videos

Select movies

And re-download

Posted via CB from my LE
    That's weird. When I first checked, the oprion for My Music and My Videos wasn't there. And a little while later it was. I now have my license files again!

07-23-14 10:36 AM
    Now...I just wonder how long they will be there...

There used to be a "must download by" line in the description of the movies. I did a quick look through my movies and no longer see a "must download by" line????
    07-23-14 10:56 AM
    Now...I just wonder how long they will be there...

There used to be a "must download by" line in the description of the movies. I did a quick look through my movies and no longer see a "must download by" line????
    I believe it's exactly 1 year

The problem for me is the phone only stores so much data. Plus if we download l movies we purchased, I believe they are drm locked to our devices. So once you upgrade your phone - good bye collection.

Posted via CB from my LE
    07-25-14 09:08 AM