It would be nice if blackberry had a secure and private and ad free Web based email service. For a company that prides itself on privacy and security...I wish this would be a priority. Sick of being spied on by Google, yahoo, bing and the NSA. if anyone can do private email right it would be blackberry. Who's with me?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 07:10 AM
    Sounds like a fine idea but there are competitors already in that market. Might be a tough sell in the big world. For me, BB would be a first choice if that were an option.
    11-20-14 07:14 AM
    I'd use a BlackBerry email service in a heartbeat.

Posted from the original Zed (Z10)
    11-20-14 08:12 AM
    Fee based email service might be an option, but it would need both parties to be on the same email system. BB would only be able to provide secure email while the content is within their email servers, once it leaves their systems it is fair open game.
    11-20-14 08:21 AM
    And cloud back up service

Z10
    11-20-14 08:50 AM
    Fee based email service might be an option, but it would need both parties to be on the same email system. BB would only be able to provide secure email while the content is within their email servers, once it leaves their systems it is fair open game.
    It should be available between BlackBerry to Google as well but that part won't be secure

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    11-20-14 08:51 AM
    As Google monitors your emails for targeted advertisements, what good would that be? As soon as the email leaves the BlackBerry network, there is no implied privacy. Even then once the data is received how do you enforce security.

The only way to have this is for BlackBerry to offer an end to end solution such as BES. Both parties would need to be using the service.
    jtv1 likes this.
    11-20-14 09:01 AM
    As Google monitors your emails for targeted advertisements, what good would that be? As soon as the email leaves the BlackBerry network, there is no implied privacy. Even then once the data is received how do you enforce security.

The only way to have this is for BlackBerry to offer an end to end solution such as BES. Both parties would need to be using the service.
    So it won't be secure when sent to google but it should have that feature so that it could be your only email address

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    11-20-14 09:04 AM
    So it won't be secure when sent to google *** Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, Google Hosted services, Outlook.com/Hotmail *** but it should have that feature so that it could be your only email address

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    *** Fixed that for you ***

Maybe you misunderstand, at least I hope so. Once the email leaves your device, there is NO guarantee that you can maintain privacy. A single ended secure account is as useful as single ended piece of string.

There are PgP apps that would be much better utilized than BlackBerry providing the email backend.
    chgaida likes this.
    11-20-14 09:30 AM
    I miss my old .telus.blackberry.net email
    fishlove73 likes this.
    11-20-14 10:50 AM
    Considering that BlackBerry is becoming much more software than hardware, an email service, subscription based would fit well into the ecosystem. I would do that faster than BBM subscription.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    fishlove73 likes this.
    11-20-14 11:37 AM
    I was looking at startpage/startmail and thought Blackberry should do something similar. Google got their start with just a search engine and email and look what it morphed into. I believe Blackberry can do some big things.
    12-08-14 10:33 AM
    Integrate the email with bbm? I mean and email service with bbm integration I would pay for that.

Posted via CB10
    fishlove73 likes this.
    12-08-14 10:41 AM
    I ask the same question. I miss my att.blackberry.net email.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 11:06 PM
    Any chance we could get BlackBerry email service soon?

Jaglenn's Passport
    01-27-15 10:32 AM
    I don't use Google 1+. I use gmail. I could really use a BlackBerry email.

Jaglenn's Passport
    01-27-15 10:34 AM
    Blackberry email service!...one of the better ideas i've heard. Makes so much sense.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 01:20 PM
    I agree, but what assurance will the users, public and customers get in return to insure that government's around don't have a secret deal that allows them to access our information? BlackBerry has had reports of such agreements in the past. In addition to them having had given some access to their network to some degree. Hacking our date is only easy if they already have access.

Though I agree it's not worth it if this is how our date will be managed, lost cause.

No Shade Just Light!!!
    02-06-15 11:51 AM
    Sounds like a fine idea but there are competitors already in that market. Might be a tough sell in the big world. For me, BB would be a first choice if that were an option.
    I can only see BlackBerry being the go to platform because of its structure and business already. One stop shop or at least allow a competitor in the email world entry to our app world, one that BlackBerry won't interfere with or allow Gov't and others too.

No Shade Just Light!!!
    02-06-15 11:54 AM
    If BlackBerry offers an email service I'm in! I miss having my old bb.net email. There was a certain cache using that address, professional look to it.

John Chen! If you're reading, this is a good idea.

Using my BlackBerry Classic :-)
    02-09-15 07:03 PM
    It would be nice if blackberry had a secure and private and ad free Web based email service. For a company that prides itself on privacy and security...I wish this would be a priority. Sick of being spied on by Google, yahoo, bing and the NSA. if anyone can do private email right it would be blackberry. Who's with me?

Posted via CB10
    I would not want an e-mail account that was tied to a specific device, ecosystem, or ISP. If you find you need that e-mail badly enough, you're locked in.

Now, if an INDEPENDENT company were to offer such a service that I could use anywhere I wanted, and I could trust them when they told me it was secure and private, I'd certainly consider paying for it. The "trust" thing is key, though.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    02-09-15 07:10 PM
    I concur. I would also love to see contact sync and calendar.

I would sign up right away. I miss my @ blackberry address

emPowered by 
    02-09-15 07:19 PM
    I will pay and use their services!

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 07:29 PM
    Sorry guys but this is a poor idea. This advocacy for a service in an already crowded marketplace that would require infrastructure and staff to essentially be a "me too" that people would expect for free.

No good business case here and if you haven't noticed, people text more than email these days.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    02-09-15 07:32 PM
    Lol

Posted via the pure awesomeness of blackberry.
    02-09-15 09:07 PM
29 12