Please, and thank you .

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 02:25 PM
    And weather app .

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 02:36 PM
    Anything free will always have limitations or ads, but you can try Pocket English Dictionary, it's good bought the pro version because I liked it so much, cost like 99 cents, a free weather app is called Weather, it has ads though. There are quite a few others, check BBWorld.....
    07-10-14 02:58 PM
    I know but checking them all thoroughly takes time and I know at least some people here have actually done the thorough checkings of the apps.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 03:04 PM
    My first port of call for a native built dictionary is an app called 'Free Dictionary 10' but I also use 'Pocket English Dictionary' as a back up. Both will suffice for everyday use but if you want a really comprehensive dictionary (albeit an Android one) then I'd go for 'Dictionary - Merriam - Webster' from Snap.

I do not use any Weather apps so cannot make any recommendations in that area.
    07-10-14 03:27 PM
    Merriam is better than dictionary.com?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 04:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    Only if you're American. Merriam - Webster is the definitive dictionary for American English, and nothing wrong with that, it doesn't pretend to be anything else.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 04:53 PM
    I find that Pocket Dictionary suits me best, as I don't go for needing an internet connection for a basic dictionary and I like the UI. I supplement that with Vocabuilder, which does need an IC but it picks up less common and foreign words well.
    As far as a weather app, since I have to deal with whatever weather I find when I walk out my front door, I don't have any need for.one so can't recommend one either.
    07-10-14 05:10 PM
    What's wrong with built in weather app? I use it all the time. I once tried beweather 10 pro when it was free before Christmas but it is not any better than stock weather app and not free anymore.

I also like vocabuilder app - it has second language translation. It can work in offline mode with limited dictionary but it is not free - it is a trial.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 05:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Only if you're American. Merriam - Webster is the definitive dictionary for American English, and nothing wrong with that, it doesn't pretend to be anything else.

Posted via CB10
    I'd prefer the Dictionary.com app but the apk doesn't seem to work on the current runtime - so Merriam Webster is the next best (working) alternative (imo). It's more comprehensive than the native options listed - so I use it as a fail safe.

It's also worth mentioning that there is a Dictionary.com app in BlackBerry World - but it has very poor reviews (and is not free, as per the OP's initial request).
    07-10-14 06:10 PM
    Edit: never mind, wrong answer to wrong question.
    07-13-14 02:49 PM