Here's something I just realized and am absolutely frustrated about - see if someone can figure a way around this: so I just got my wife a Z10. I figured it'd be nice if we both had/were on BlackBerry. That way we could share apps, music, and the works. After setting up her phone, I realized she either has to purchase everything from BlackBerry World that I've already purchased, or if I want to download with my ID, she can't use BBM - all because you can't use 2 BBIDs on the same phone without wiping the phone to switch BBID. How stupid is that? I'm a strong advocate for BlackBerry and had my wife switch from iPhone to BlackBerry, but I'm sorry : in this scenario Apple wins out. I can easily download application onto multiple devices and log in and out to different profiles. We can essentially share between my wife and me...
    Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 10:31 AM
    I've never used an iphone like the way you're suggesting but to me the bbid way makes sense. Especially with BBM involved.

Posted Via CB10 - Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2141
    03-22-14 10:33 AM
    I've never used an iphone like the way you're suggesting but to me the bbid way makes sense. Especially with BBM involved.

Posted Via CB10 - Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2141
    Yeah. Sep BBID and sep BBM.I wouldn't buy a phone that allowed someone else to see what I have on my phone.
    03-22-14 10:35 AM
    Here's something I just realized and am absolutely frustrated about - see if someone can figure a way around this: so I just got my wife a Z10. I figured it'd be nice if we both had/were on BlackBerry. That way we could share apps, music, and the works. After setting up her phone, I realized she either has to purchase everything from BlackBerry World that I've already purchased, or if I want to download with my ID, she can't use BBM - all because you can't use 2 BBIDs on the same phone without wiping the phone to switch BBID. How stupid is that? I'm a strong advocate for BlackBerry and had my wife switch from iPhone to BlackBerry, but I'm sorry : in this scenario Apple wins out. I can easily download application onto multiple devices and log in and out to different profiles. We can essentially share between my wife and me...
    Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10

Thoughts, yeah, ya cheap bugger.
    03-22-14 10:39 AM
    Really?! So if I bought an app and my wife would like to use it on her device, I should have to pay for it again? Thanks for the useless advice.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 10:53 AM
    And for confirming that buying apps in BlackBerry World is a definite inferior process than with Apple's system.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 10:55 AM
    Really?! So if I bought an app and my wife would like to use it on her device, I should have to pay for it again? Thanks for the useless advice.
    Yes. If you purchased a Microsoft Windows license, do you think you can use it on more than one computer (standard license, not a family back or corporate volume license)? It's a similar thing here (though you could actually install the apps on multiple BB devices, provided you use your BB ID).

I'm actually surprised Apple implemented app purchases the way they did, TBH, though I understand why - they built it on top of the original music purchasing system. I wonder how many iOS developers like the fact that users can share their purchased apps on up to 5 devices (I believe it's 5, anyway), and not necessarily devices owned by the original purchaser of the app.

Apple's system is better for consumers, BlackBerry's is better for developers.
    03-22-14 11:19 AM
    Well considering the weight of things - shouldn't BlackBerry, in this situation, be trying to entice more consumers? Developers are important, but there is no lack of them on ios, and they have that system...
    Just saying.
    You're right about the Microsoft licensing, but once again you have the option of getting a license install on a couple computers, not just one.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 11:27 AM
    Well considering the weight of things - shouldn't BlackBerry, in this situation, be trying to entice more consumers? Developers are important, but there is no lack of them on ios, and they have that system...
    Just saying.
    You're right about the Microsoft licensing, but once again you have the option of getting a license install on a couple computers, not just one.

Posted via CB10

To achieve the same thing on BlackBerry, you purchase the software multiple times for multiple licenses. You may not like it but that is not relevant, that is the way it is. You always try asking the developer if they mind giving away software because you feel they are being hurtful.
    03-31-14 07:09 AM
    Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    It's got something to do with security. You need to wipe the phone to change BBID.

Otherwise some dude could get my BBM and impersonate me or receive my confidential messages, because the BBM Pin is burned into the device, if I ever sold the phone.

No way would I ever leave my apps or my BBID on there.

---------------

Guess what, I have two phones, a play-phone and one for business, both have different BBIDs, I can BBM between them, so I usually leave the play-phone with my wife. I like it that way, so I'm not tempted to install too many apps and games on the productivity phone.

Hey, a lot of apps I bought twice, no drama with that. Buy a $700 dollar Q10, but no $50 left for a few dozen of your fav apps? C'mon, mate.

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    04-10-14 11:44 PM
    Lol you aren't meant to share your Apple ID with other people either.. it's supposed to be between your devices.

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    04-10-14 11:50 PM
    Lol you aren't meant to share your Apple ID with other people either.. it's supposed to be between your devices.

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    Hi Frank, sure I am aware you shouldn't be sharing your AppleID with anyone also, but this happens in families, devices get shared and apps purchased only once for the family and shared through one AppleID on iPhones, iPad and iPods.

Doesn't really work that way with BB, if you want to use BBM between devices, if I understand the mechanisms correctly.

But thanks anyway, I sure understand where you are coming from. I was also talking about people that want to sell their phones with all the apps on. Can't or wouldn't do that in ANY case.

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    04-11-14 12:20 AM