09-23-14 04:18 PM
150 ... 23456
tools
    Unlikely.

No leaks. No betas. Ever.
    Hey Ben, what's with your other signature? 10.2 leak???

Posted via CB10
    curvezzz likes this.
    12-28-13 04:02 PM
    Hey Ben, what's with your other signature? 10.2 leak???

Posted via CB10
    Ikr??!!! I've been meaning to ask him about that lol his sigs keep changing.

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    12-28-13 04:46 PM
    You can use another simcard and reboot again.
    12-28-13 06:32 PM
    You can use another simcard and reboot again.
    Are you talking to me? If so, I'm not going to do that again, since I'm just going to waste my unlocking attempts. Unless you have good reason why rebooting AGAIN would work, after I have tried that, with different SIM cards, all to no avail.
    12-28-13 06:53 PM
    Guys, just a bit of update. So cellphoneunlock.net didn't respond back, so I went to my original carrier (Fido in Canada) and paid their requested $50 to unlock. They gave me the code, but again, the same thing. After I enter the code, it says "Network unlock code entered successfully", but still not "network unlocked". I tried again after inserting a different SIM, but same.

So I guess there's something wrong with my phone?!? The code I got from my carrier should be 100% legit. Looks like I'll have to go back to Fido customer/technical support and see what's up. SIGH.
    12-29-13 02:18 PM
    Guys, just a bit of update. So cellphoneunlock.net didn't respond back, so I went to my original carrier (Fido in Canada) and paid their requested $50 to unlock. They gave me the code, but again, the same thing. After I enter the code, it says "Network unlock code entered successfully", but still not "network unlocked". I tried again after inserting a different SIM, but same.

So I guess there's something wrong with my phone?!? The code I got from my carrier should be 100% legit. Looks like I'll have to go back to Fido customer/technical support and see what's up. SIGH.
    That's a bummer dude. I'm sorry. I'm having issues with unlocking too

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 03:11 PM
    Wow that sucks. Let Fido unlock it then. Maybe with tech support 'cause customer service always sucks

Posted via CB10 with my crazy beautiful Q10
    12-30-13 05:41 AM
    Wow that sucks. Let Fido unlock it then. Maybe with tech support 'cause customer service always sucks

Yeah, I called Fido's tech support (the unlocking department, actually), I told them what my problem was, they can't do anything about it. The best they can do is connect me to BlackBerry's own tech support. Or I can go through Fido's warranty service (my phone is still covered), but that means shipping the phone off to BlackBerry, and it could take weeks! I'm supposed to be moving internationally two months, so I guess I just need to get a new phone while there (I wanted to unlock it so I could use my Z10 there). Sigh. The tech guy says it's a firmware issue. I did a security wipe, tried again, and still nothing.

Sigh, I'll talk to BB's tech support and see what's up. Maybe they'll be nice to a loyal customer and send me an unlocked phone as a free replacement. There's hoping! But this sucks. Oh well, c'est la vie.
    12-30-13 08:58 AM
    Yeah, I called Fido's tech support (the unlocking department, actually), I told them what my problem was, they can't do anything about it. The best they can do is connect me to BlackBerry's own tech support. Or I can go through Fido's warranty service (my phone is still covered), but that means shipping the phone off to BlackBerry, and it could take weeks! I'm supposed to be moving internationally two months, so I guess I just need to get a new phone while there (I wanted to unlock it so I could use my Z10 there). Sigh. The tech guy says it's a firmware issue. I did a security wipe, tried again, and still nothing.

Sigh, I'll talk to BB's tech support and see what's up. Maybe they'll be nice to a loyal customer and send me an unlocked phone as a free replacement. There's hoping! But this sucks. Oh well, c'est la vie.
    What city are you in?
    12-30-13 09:57 AM
    What city are you in?
    Toronto.

The phone is now shipped to Blackberry's repairs service. My phone is still under warranty with Fido, so I went through them. But when talking with Fido's tech support, they blamed it on a hardware issue and thus it's Blackberry's problem. But when they connected me to Blackberry, they won't do anything (at least on the phone) since they say it's an unlocking problem and so it's Fido's problem. But I've sent it off, so we'll see.
    12-30-13 03:20 PM
    Toronto.

The phone is now shipped to Blackberry's repairs service. My phone is still under warranty with Fido, so I went through them. But when talking with Fido's tech support, they blamed it on a hardware issue and thus it's Blackberry's problem. But when they connected me to Blackberry, they won't do anything (at least on the phone) since they say it's an unlocking problem and so it's Fido's problem. But I've sent it off, so we'll see.
    Ah too bad you sent it in. I know where in Cambridge they do the repairs and you could have walked in and they would have taken care of you right away. They are really helpful there with good staff.
    12-30-13 03:37 PM
    Ah too bad you sent it in. I know where in Cambridge they do the repairs and you could have walked in and they would have taken care of you right away. They are really helpful there with good staff.
    Can you PM me the Cambridge location? Honestly, I've sent it in, but I don't think it will do anything. Thanks!

By the way, I only have 2 attempts at unlocking left. Let's suppose I have 0 chances left, is it still possible to unlock? (Anyone can answer this, lol).
    12-30-13 03:52 PM
    Everything I've read here on CB suggest after all attempts your phone will be hard locked to that carrier.

If I remember correctly there was a place DM3 in Europe but think it's no longer in business?

Unless someone know otherwise.

This may be a bit late but read this. Also I see you've already sent out your phone but...

http://cellfservices.com/blog/cell-p...s-hard-locked/

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 03:59 PM
    Can you PM me the Cambridge location? Honestly, I've sent it in, but I don't think it will do anything. Thanks!

By the way, I only have 2 attempts at unlocking left. Let's suppose I have 0 chances left, is it still possible to unlock? (Anyone can answer this, lol).
    Sent you a PM
    12-30-13 04:22 PM
    Everything I've read here on CB suggest after all attempts your phone will be hard locked to that carrier.

If I remember correctly there was a place DM3 in Europe but think it's no longer in business?

Unless someone know otherwise.

This may be a bit late but read this. Also I see you've already sent out your phone but...

How do I know if my BlackBerry is Hard-locked? | Cellfservices Blog

Posted via CB10
    I read somewhere (but can't recall the source exactly) that even when the MEP is 0 (with 0 attempts left), the only possible way would be to do something to the actual hardware itself. Like, obviously you can't enter the unlock code anymore, but through something related to the hardware, it's possible.

But again, I can't recall the source...
    12-30-13 04:26 PM
    I'm having the exact same issue.

Got an unlock code for a BELL Z10. Put in the code, "Network Code Entered Successfully"

Shut phone down, put in Telus sim. Started up the phone - it says "SIM Card Blocked - The Device is Network Locked. Contact your service provider"

Went into the SIM section again, and it says

Your current SIM card requires one or more Mobile Equipment Personlization codes before the Mobile Network will be available. And the "Unlock Network" button is still there. Tried re-entering the code but all it does is decrease the tries amount.

Got a code from another (supposedly legit) vendor. EXACT. SAME. THING. Put code in, says I entered it successfully. REboot the phone - still locked. Re-enter code, decreases the tries.

So I now have 6 tries left. Any ideas? If it's a firmware issue, is there any way to revert/change the firmware?
    12-31-13 07:18 PM
    I got the same as euges720 and Damed on my Q10 that I got just recently from Rogers. The place where I got my code (8 digits) says it has to do with the software version, they have said go back to 10.0 and not 10.2. I'm trying the most recent leak before going back down a version.

euges720 - let me now if your BB comes back working. I'm in Europe now for 3 months but might have to go back to my old BB while here
    01-02-14 07:54 PM
    I got the same as euges720 and Damed on my Q10 that I got just recently from Rogers. The place where I got my code (8 digits) says it has to do with the software version, they have said go back to 10.0 and not 10.2. I'm trying the most recent leak before going back down a version.

euges720 - let me now if your BB comes back working. I'm in Europe now for 3 months but might have to go back to my old BB while here
    If it helps in any way, when I unlocked my phone from a 3rd party source I was in a leaked OS10.2.0 build. Maybe the 10.2.1 builds have some errors/bugs with them?

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 03:41 AM
    I unlocked my Q10 at 10.2.0 without any problem

01-04-14 08:07 PM
    I'll most likely send it back to Blackberry too. I've now tried original OS, 10.2 update and recent leaked version. Nothing happening.
    01-05-14 01:41 PM
    any solution to Euges720 issue. I have the same issue with BB Z30
    network unlocked despite entering the network key.

Thank you,

Elias
    01-05-14 10:13 PM
    Just to add to the conversation - I'm going through this same experience with my "unlocked" Rogers Q10 (SQN100-3) gone through the following steps to no avail:

- Downgrading my OS to an official version and trying the unlock code;
    - Attempting the 8-digit MEP2 code;
    - Attempting the 16-digit MEP2 code;
    - Attempting the 16-digit MEP4 code (some carriers need this);

At this point I'm completely stumped. I only have one attempt remaining and am contacting BlackBerry Help to see if they know what the issue is.

Anyone successfully troubleshoot this issue?
    01-09-14 07:36 PM
    Well, after wasting another unlocking attempt to video it for the site that gave me the code (down to 3 tries now), they refunded me fully for the code and informed me of the following:

"A new code was not found. It is highly probable that rogers had an incorrect code in their database. A refund has been sent. You have another option. You may search the Blackberry direct database which will most likely provide a correct code ($37)."

So, do not know how relevant this is, going to try and call Rogers tonight, although I know they will give me the speech about it not being 3 months that I have the handset, blah blah blah.
    01-14-14 05:41 PM
    oh great.... so I'm not the only one...

I started a thread here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ocking-894413/

but now found out it's already discussed here.

Anyone managed to solve the problem?
    01-17-14 02:14 PM
    Going to try and order the code direct from BB. See if that changes anything. Nothing apart from that.
    01-20-14 05:30 AM
150 ... 23456