I probably tried everyone by now. No one can unlock a Blackberry Storm 9530 from Bell Mobility. What I've been hearing is that are currently trying to find codes from Bell/Telus and hopefully will become available.
    I did try going to "right" side, by calling bell, but I almost got my contract cancelled. For some of you that are bored, he's the stupid story

-I told them Im going it Italy, and last time I called from there they couldnt help me. I told them that my last phone they gave me the "subsidy unlock code" and it worked fine.. She told me that she had no idea what i was talking about, and gave me the MSL code. It obviously didnt work, and I told her that that wasnt the code I was looking for. Now LISTIN To this! She started flipping on me, saying I know what you want to do with this code. Your going to use another provider's sim card. Our storms are only programmed for bell sim cards, so if you have any more questions, I'll have to let you go.

Haha cant poke around with her anymore eh.

Like all I want is to be able to go on any network. I cant, if I dont have the code right? MSL is just from programming to a certain network. Anyways, thats the story of my life. Anyone willing to help, just let me know! Thanks for listening!
    03-06-09 10:14 AM
    Like you I'm looking for an unlock but not luck.I have spoken to someone that has in the past unlocked the Bell storms but was/has been threatened by Bell to stop the service as it is against their policy to unlock the phones.Is it true who knows but there are places in Ontario and Quebec that do unlock the phones but it is not by code and you have to take the phone in for unlock.There a couple of people here somewhere that have used these services and the unlock worked but no explanation as to what is done to the phone.Search here for some threads with links to these places.
    03-06-09 10:46 AM
    Hello ngreen.... I bough a Storm from Bell at bell store without contract (Full Price) last January on GTA; to use with my phone provider MOVISTAR in Venezuela wher i live... but came locked and nobody unlock it... tried several times paying by paypal unlock service but doesn't get the 16 digits MEEP code..? Soo I 've a storm placed on my desk collecting dust... I am BB user with Bolt 9000 PIN 20D1B094. But please if you can get unlock code I will truss you and advance payment to unlock it....
    Please what it's the procedure... to do it..?
    03-17-09 05:59 PM
    you can't unlock a proprietary CDMA phone for use on GSM. you should have bought a GSM version Storm. This is because the GSM bands on CDMA world phones are a backup for when CDMA is unavailable. Sorry you wasted your money
    03-17-09 06:33 PM
    you can't unlock a proprietary CDMA phone for use on GSM. you should have bought a GSM version Storm. This is because the GSM bands on CDMA world phones are a backup for when CDMA is unavailable. Sorry you wasted your money
    The Storm has both CDMA and GSM radios, and can work on both networks. Unlike your Bold.
    03-17-09 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD