I got a Storm on launch but decided to sell it because I won one in the NYC Hunt.

I had it unlocked but then wiped the phone so it would be ready for the new owner. When I wiped it, did that take out the unlock code?

I guess my main concern is is the phone still unlocked now that I wiped it? I have no way of seeing if it is because I don't have a SIM card.

Thanks
    12-06-08 12:51 AM
    Unlocking is an irreversible event. Wiping a phone will not restore the lock.
    12-06-08 01:07 AM
    what bothers me most about unlocking is I was going to unlock so I could use a local sim out of country for a trip I am taking but from what I hear when you get the unlock code global support removes the option on your verizon account to switch esn's on the fly... you have to call global support to switch out phones again..

that makes it not worth it to me to get it unlocked...
    12-06-08 01:11 AM
    Thank you for the quick answers. I did notice after it restarted after being wiped, it had a message saying a SIM card had been inserted and asked if it should be set to automatically search for either CDMA or GSM service depending on signal strengths.

what bothers me most about unlocking is I was going to unlock so I could use a local sim out of country for a trip I am taking but from what I hear when you get the unlock code global support removes the option on your verizon account to switch esn's on the fly... you have to call global support to switch out phones again..

that makes it not worth it to me to get it unlocked...
    I obviously don't know much about unlocking a phone but I will say that I had the Storm active on my line when I unlocked it. I went from that back to my Pearl and then back to the Storm again without an issue. I just dialed *228 and used option 3 to change phones.
    12-06-08 01:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD