My wife sold her storm to somebody on T-Mobile.I unlocked It directly from verizon customer service.
    I wiped the phone before giving it to the new owner. When I pit the new tmobile sim in and tried to make
    A call it dialed to a verizon.

I thought all you had to do was unlock it and put the new sim in. Does she have to call mobile
    And do anything? Or did I mess it up by wiping it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 04:29 PM
    No you don't lose your unlock after wiping. To clarify, did you look here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-106023/
    07-24-09 04:32 PM
    Well she doesnnt need any of those features just being able to make calls.

So what happens when someone goes overseas? Are they expected to do all that stuff in that post? That sounds little excessive.

I can do that for her later but she needs to make calls right away. The way verizon made it sounds was
    All someone has to do is insert a new sim card and that's it.

07-24-09 04:37 PM
    Did you set it to NOT use 1XEV? options mobile network networktechnology: GSM/UMTS
    07-24-09 04:46 PM
    I think changing it to GSM instead of 1XEV should do the trick, or at least get them started.

When I sell my Storm I am going to leave all the post-unlock stuff to the person who buys it. Caveat emptor. I unlocked my Storm for use on different carriers, and I refuse to do anything more. I'm pretty sure same would apply for you. I don't know about all this CrackUtil business.
    Last edited by mdude85; 07-24-09 at 05:31 PM.
    07-24-09 05:28 PM
    I think changing it to GSM instead of 1XEV should do the trick, or at least get them started.

When I sell my Storm I am going to leave all the post-unlock stuff to the person who buys it. Caveat emptor. I unlocked my Storm for use on different carriers, and I refuse to do anything more. I'm pretty sure same would apply for you. I don't know about all this CrackUtil business.
    You are correct. Changing it to GSM will do the trick.
    07-24-09 05:49 PM
    So she doesn't have to do anything with tmobile then? Because she went there and they told her the phone
    Was not unlocked. Will tell her to do that thanks.

07-24-09 06:21 PM
    Once your BB says code accepted the phone is unlocked forever. You can wipe, upgrade OS, it will stay locked.
    07-25-09 10:48 PM
    Also, you must have a BB plan on T-Mobile to use a blackberry. Make sure you are subscribed.
    07-25-09 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD