Hi guys I am selling my bold 9000 and moving onto the dark world of Android

Anyways here is the scenario:

I bought the phone new from AT&T about 6 months ago when I signed up for my new contract, I then unlocked it with a code I got from them. If I wipe the phone in order to sell it will the phone be locked again?

Thanks for the help everyone!
    03-10-10 01:10 PM
    Hi guys I am selling my bold 9000 and moving onto the dark world of Android

Anyways here is the scenario:

I bought the phone new from AT&T about 6 months ago when I signed up for my new contract, I then unlocked it with a code I got from them. If I wipe the phone in order to sell it will the phone be locked again?

Thanks for the help everyone!
    Your thread title is misleading. You probably will get more help if you would have titled "Will my phone be locked again if I wipe it?". Just saying.
    03-10-10 01:18 PM
    once a phone is unlocked, its unlocked for good no matter what.
    03-10-10 01:24 PM
    once a phone is unlocked, its unlocked for good no matter what.
    Not an iPhone
    03-10-10 01:32 PM
    Not an iPhone
    Most phones, once they are unlocked they are unlocked for good. The iphone being the notable exception, BUT you are not actually unlocking it, but jailbreaking it, which has a similar effect, BUT wiping will wipe the jailbreak.

But the unlocked BB stays unlocked. Feel free to seel it as unlocked, just not here as we require you to have 100 posts before you can sell.

I edited the title also
    03-10-10 01:41 PM
    Most phones, once they are unlocked they are unlocked for good. The iphone being the notable exception, BUT you are not actually unlocking it, but jailbreaking it, which has a similar effect, BUT wiping will wipe the jailbreak.

But the unlocked BB stays unlocked. Feel free to seel it as unlocked, just not here as we require you to have 100 posts before you can sell.

I edited the title also
    Oh yeah I know I was jsut messing with the other person because they said one A phone is unlocked, it's unlocked for ever. Didn't want the OP to think that included an iPhone and would have bad information for any future device purchase.
    03-10-10 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD