I have the Tour and I wanted to give it to someone who is on Digicel. My question is once I terminate the service with Sprint, if they can get it activated and it work on Digicel and have full service?
    06-02-10 09:19 PM
    I have the Tour and I wanted to give it to someone who is on Digicel. My question is once I terminate the service with Sprint, if they can get it activated and it work on Digicel and have full service?
    Yes they will be able to use it on GSM.
    06-03-10 10:19 AM
    Thank you for answering my question CELLUNLOCK!! This keeps me from having to go buy a GSM phone!! I wanted to make sure this would work before I leave for the caribbean. So being that the phone is unlocked all they need to do is activate it thru Digicel and add Blackberry data service and they are good to go?? I wasn't sure if it would work being that this is a CDMA (Sprint) phone.. Is this the only phone that sprint has that can be used on a GSM service??
    Last edited by Sonshyne; 06-03-10 at 11:02 AM.
    06-03-10 10:49 AM
    Thank you for answering my question CELLUNLOCK!! This keeps me from having to go buy a GSM phone!! I wanted to make sure this would work before I leave for the caribbean. So being that the phone is unlocked all they need to do is activate it thru Digicel and add Blackberry data service and they are good to go?? I wasn't sure if it would work being that this is a CDMA (Sprint) phone.. Is this the only phone that sprint has that can be used on a GSM service??
    You're welcome. They have the 9630 and the 9650. Basically all they need to do is get a SIM card with a Blackberry Data Plan and insert it in the phone and then go to Options/Mobile Network and change Technology to GSM/UMTS and select 2G.
    06-04-10 09:49 AM
    Thanks again!!!
    06-04-10 12:34 PM
    CellUnlock I'm back with another question... I just got off the phone with Sprint CS.. I wanted to make sure that the PIN would be released and could be activated again without a problem once I deactivate my Tour.. The told me that the phone is Branded to Sprint and would only work through their company... It doesn't matter that it is unlocked. They say chances are it won't work on another service other than sprint, unless the other company could break the code.. What other code are they talking about?
    06-21-10 12:48 PM
    CellUnlock I'm back with another question... I just got off the phone with Sprint CS.. I wanted to make sure that the PIN would be released and could be activated again without a problem once I deactivate my Tour.. The told me that the phone is Branded to Sprint and would only work through their company... It doesn't matter that it is unlocked. They say chances are it won't work on another service other than sprint, unless the other company could break the code.. What other code are they talking about?
    The CSR had no idea what he was talking about. You will be able to use your Sprint Tour with another provider. I myself was using a Sprint 9630 with AT&T for a little while. What you might need is the MSL code just to re-program your number in the phone, but that doesn't affect using the phone with another provider.
    06-21-10 01:10 PM
    Thanks for the info. How and where do you get a MSL code... And you say it is to re-program my number in the phone. Are you talking about the phone number itself?
    06-21-10 01:38 PM
    Thanks for the info. How and where do you get a MSL code... And you say it is to re-program my number in the phone. Are you talking about the phone number itself?
    We can get that for you. When you press the Talk key, you see the previous number programmed. To change that, you need the MSL code.
    06-21-10 01:39 PM
    i want to unlock my fone so i can use a digicel simcard in it
    06-27-13 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD