07-20-09 02:21 PM
28 12
tools
    Does anyone know if AT&T will give me an unlock code for a Bold I bought,Even though I'm not an AT&T customer?

Thanks
    07-19-09 06:15 PM
    yes...just tell them that your planning on going out of the states and you havent got a plan with them yet but you will when you come back...and that you would like to use it with a sim card from where the country that your going and that it needs to be unlocked for that...just be nice lol sometimes they'll tell you that you need to fax them the receipt where you paid retail or that you have to wait a week but just keep trying and most give it to you on the same phone call
    07-19-09 06:20 PM
    they told me that i had to wait a week when i asked for my 8310 code and they put the order in...waited an hour and called back and told the rep that i was told that they were going to email me the same day and they didnt, so she went ahead and gave it to me right then.....
    07-19-09 06:23 PM
    Does it matter what 800 number I use as long as it's AT&T?
    07-19-09 06:27 PM
    Does it matter what 800 number I use as long as it's AT&T?

1-800-331-0500

if they ask for a receipt just tell them you no longer have it...and be super nice
    07-19-09 06:31 PM
    If you're not a customer of theirs I don't know how easy it will be...
    07-19-09 06:40 PM
    I'm gonna call now. I will give an update afterwards.
    07-19-09 06:46 PM
    Just called AT&T is closed on Sundays.
    07-19-09 06:55 PM
    Like forever said, since you aren't a customer they might not be so inclined to help you. An easy way would be to give the phone to a friend, or family member with At&t. Have them put their SIM in the phone, and call up to unlock it. I've done this before in the past for a friend of mine who wasn't an At&t customer.
    07-19-09 07:00 PM
    Yeah, AT&T support is available 24-7... it sounds like you're only getting as far as sales or an AT&T store. You'll have better luck with a 3rd party unlocking company like cellunlock or similar. I mean, by all means try whatever you can, but if you don't have access to help by dialing 611, you'll have a tough time reaching anyone who can/will help you.
    07-19-09 07:27 PM
    i was never able to when i tried, too much waiting
    07-19-09 10:40 PM
    Why don't you just VSM unlock and not have to go through the other trouble?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 11:07 PM
    I called the intl 916 number when I got to Germany yesterday (Sunday) and the gave me the unlock code no problem. It works. Sim card security network is now disabled.

07-19-09 11:24 PM
    Well, I just went right ahead and bought an unlocked Bold rather than unlock it.
    07-19-09 11:28 PM
    I've gotten 2 codes from AT&T, both times in under 5 minutes. I just explained that I was going overseas and all they asked for was the IMEI. I don't recall them verifying I was an actual customer but perhaps they can do that with the IMEI.

07-19-09 11:33 PM
    UPDATE: I called AT&T this morning.Explained I was going to London in a week and I bought a Bold off ebay, They asked me if I was a customer , I told her no. She then asked me for my name,address and tele no and IMEI. Total call took under 10 minutes.

The woman was very helpful and I was also very polite with her.

All in all this was a good experience. I know never to pay for an unlock code again.
    07-20-09 07:58 AM
    UPDATE: I called AT&T this morning.Explained I was going to London in a week and I bought a Bold off ebay, They asked me if I was a customer , I told her no. She then asked me for my name,address and tele no and IMEI. Total call took under 10 minutes.

The woman was very helpful and I was also very polite with her.

All in all this was a good experience. I know never to pay for an unlock code again.
    see what i tell you...man i was even flerthing with the girl tech that help me and i was being super nice...she sounded hot but she couldve been a big whale...
    07-20-09 08:06 AM
    see what i tell you...man i was even flerthing with the girl tech that help me and i was being super nice...she sounded hot but she couldve been a big whale...

I got a really nice woman also.It was really easy.

Thanks bro.
    07-20-09 08:10 AM
    here to help...
    07-20-09 08:14 AM
    I wanted to add they told me they were going to email me the code. I called back 30 minutes later and they gave me the code over the phone.
    07-20-09 09:12 AM
    I wanted to add they told me they were going to email me the code. I called back 30 minutes later and they gave me the code over the phone.

thats awesome man...and u never paid to get your phone unlocked
    07-20-09 09:21 AM
    thats awesome man...and u never paid to get your phone unlocked

No, And I never will again if it's an AT&T phone. I gotta say I'm really impressed with AT&T and the entire experience,I'm not a customer now nor have I ever been one,The customer service was A+
    07-20-09 10:20 AM
    I gotta say, I'm very suprised they gave you the code considering you're not
    a customer. They're pretty stingy when you're not a customer. Glad you got it
    for free.
    07-20-09 11:36 AM
    I got my code while on the phone with ATT. The lady was asking though if I bought the phone outright or got it with new service. I said I didn't remember (wife got it for me) but probably bought outright. She wanted proof of purchase, then I said "well maybe she got it with new service"...then she gave me the unlock code for my old 8310.
    07-20-09 01:50 PM
    I got my code while on the phone with ATT. The lady was asking though if I bought the phone outright or got it with new service. I said I didn't remember (wife got it for me) but probably bought outright. She wanted proof of purchase, then I said "well maybe she got it with new service"...then she gave me the unlock code for my old 8310.
    As long as you're a customer it doesn't matter. I've gotten mine plenty of
    times with them too. What suprised me is that the OP is on T-Mobile and not
    an AT&T customer.
    07-20-09 01:53 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD