I currently have the Bold 9700 from T-Mobile (locked). As you all know the 9.99 web2go only works with opera mini and does not support BBM, e-Mail, etc. I only use it with Opera Mini with the internet2.voicestream.com VPN. Now a question I am asking is if I take an unlocked AT&T 9700 or 8520, put the T-mobile VPN, will it work with everything (including BBM, email, web browser, etc.)
    The reason for this question is because I was looking if it is possible to use web2go on motorola Cliq, and it says that T-mobile won't let you because the get your phone's IMEI and know what phone you are using. So if it is AT&T they won't know. Would it work?

All answers appreciated.
    05-15-10 03:06 PM
    Nope, still won't work. To get BBM, email, etc you have to have a BIS account. Locking/Unlocking does not change that fact.
    05-15-10 03:36 PM
    I currently have the Bold 9700 from T-Mobile (locked). As you all know the 9.99 web2go only works with opera mini and does not support BBM, e-Mail, etc. I only use it with Opera Mini with the internet2.voicestream.com VPN. Now a question I am asking is if I take an unlocked AT&T 9700 or 8520, put the T-mobile VPN, will it work with everything (including BBM, email, web browser, etc.)
    The reason for this question is because I was looking if it is possible to use web2go on motorola Cliq, and it says that T-mobile won't let you because the get your phone's IMEI and know what phone you are using. So if it is AT&T they won't know. Would it work?

All answers appreciated.
    BlackBerry native features REQUIRE a BlackBerry Data Plan.
    05-15-10 05:36 PM
    Well, what about using the native web browser instead of opera mini? Cuz my t-mobile one gives me the upsell page
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

05-15-10 05:39 PM
    It's native, therefore a BLACKBERRY Data Plan.

05-15-10 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD