Hello everyone,
    I am running 5.0.0.656 and having some weird unlock issues. Although I *think* it started happening on the update before this one but can not remember for sure.

When I lock the phone (press the top left button) it blacks out pretty quickly and if you press any buttons it lights back up for a few seconds with a box in the middle saying that keypad is locked press the lock button to unlock....so all is well, right. Well when I miss a call while locked it wil light back up and have the box showing either missed call or new message but it is still locked so you can't press ok or cancel or save or whatever until I press the top left button again to unlock it. All still seems well, working as it should BUT after I unlock it and press save or whatever the browser opens. Sometimes the browser and google maps opens. Why are these app opening when I miss a call? I thought maybe because the highlighted icon was browser or maps when I locked it but I have made sure to place the curser on phone book or some other icon before locking it and it still does it. Weird.

Thanks,
    Chad
    06-02-10 02:45 PM
    I am so lost.
    06-02-10 03:09 PM
    I wondered if anyone could follow my rambling.....

If I miss a call while the keyboard lock is on, when I press the unlock button on the top of the phone my browser opens. (really short version)

any ideas?
    06-02-10 03:26 PM
    Well I understood what you were asking but I am so lost cause I never heard of this and I can't even begin to fathom how that would happen.
    06-02-10 03:29 PM
    Hello,
    Well, it seems to be still doing it. I have narrowed it down to it only happening if I press the trackpad before unlocking the phone to save or see the voicemail or call or whatever. If I unlock the phone then press the trackpad for the missed call it does just fine. I am clueless on this one. Any ideas? It is driving me nuts because I am OCD about keeping any apps off that might drain the battery faster so when it starts just opening stuff I have to go through and exit or close whatever it is! Yeah, yeah, I'm nuts but I hate stuff being open in the background.

Thanks everyone,
    chad
    06-15-10 06:17 PM
    Well, it isn't the trackpad it is the back up button. If the phone is locked and I miss a call, while locked, if I press the back up button it opens almost every icon on the bottom of the home screen.

I ordered a new 9700 and this one does it too. Is no one else seeing this?

Thanks,
    Chad
    07-18-10 10:34 AM
    Is there a way to turn off the big missed call or new voice mail boxes that pop up?
    07-18-10 10:35 AM
    I have been trying to recreate what you are saying but it's not happening with my 9700. What do you mean boxes that pop up when you have a missed call or voice mail?
    07-18-10 01:32 PM
    The pop ups when you get a call that says missed call VIEW or CLOSE or new voice mail OK or SAVE. And now I have discovered that even if I press the end button it is opening mobile back up which isn't even on my home screen. Weird. My thought was that if I am not trying to get the missed call notice off the screen I would be pressing the back button and therefor not opening any other apps by accident.

I think I am going to try and put a small video on youtube or something to show what it is doing.

Thanks,
    Chad
    07-18-10 03:20 PM
    VIDEO OF WHAT IT IS DOING, PLEASE CLICK:
    Picasa Web Albums 9700
    Last edited by chadecoen; 07-18-10 at 04:43 PM.
    07-18-10 04:00 PM
    I also have a OS 5 (.656) on my new 9700. But I have different problem. When I lock handheld (top left) it locks the phone, but I can not unlock it (top left). It also doesn't turn on with on/end call button, so I must do a battery pull to turn it on.

Is this OS problem or phone problem?
    07-18-10 04:03 PM
    Is anyone able to see the video? Does it explain/show what my phone is doing?

Thanks,
    Chad
    07-19-10 04:20 PM
    These are some extremely paranormal blackberry issues I have never seen before in my life.

Tell me, is this rim's new line of bugs?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-10 07:22 PM
    VIDEO OF WHAT IT IS DOING, PLEASE CLICK:
    Picasa Web Albums 9700
    Okay, it's just a photo. It's clearly not hosted on a *video site* at all, or I would've been able to watch it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-10 07:24 PM
    I saw video, that behaviour is quite odd. My only suggestion would be to try a different OS version and see if it continues.
    07-19-10 09:58 PM
    It is a video but perhaps I did something wrong and you can't see it? I will try and get it on youtube tomorrow, sorry.

It has done this for, I think, the last 3 updates. I keep updating as they become available thinking the next one will fix it. I am running the latest version now.

I guess since this is the second phone to do this I am going to try and do a reset back to stock and ad each personal change one by one to see if I can discover what is the cause. What do you guys think?

Also, have discovered that if for some reason the screen lights up during a call but doesn't go black again after a few seconds after I miss the call it does not open the others apps when I press any keys. You know how sometimes the screen goes black immediately after you lock it and every now and then it will stay lit for a while even though it is locked? Well, if it stays lit I mean, it doesn't mess up. But it only does that every now and then. Usually it goes black as I am locking the screen and pretty much stays that way till unlocked.

Thanks,
    Chad
    07-19-10 10:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD