why is it so difficult to be able to unlock your OWN phone by yourself? i have a bb storm with a tmobile service . and im trying to unlock my phone . but im not trying to pay someone to unlock MY PHONE . why isnt there anywhere showing how to just do it yourself????? . i have my mep code and imei i jus need the mep2 and i can unlock it .
    09-28-10 01:21 AM
    Why you/we have to pay to unlock our phones...

First, because you don't have an account with the carrier that the phone was intended for.

Second, Tmo don't know nothing about the S1 so they can't help/unlock a phone that's not locked to their service.

Third, most carriers require that you have the phone/account in good standing for a certain time period (Tmo = 3 mos).

Had you had a phone that Tmo sold, had an account in good standing for at least 3 mos AKA paid your bill every month for 3 mos, THIS WOULD BE FREE AND THE TMO WOULD'VE SHOWED YOU HOW TO DO THIS FOR FREE.99!
    09-28-10 02:01 AM
    Moving to Blackberry Unlocking subforum.
    09-28-10 02:58 PM
    As I just posted on another thread, it barely costs anything to have your phone unlocked. I can do it for $1.89 and other unlockers on here are very cheap as well. You are better off to pull the trigger for under $2 and save your time searching for a free method, because there isn't one.
    09-28-10 07:29 PM
    why is it so difficult to be able to unlock your OWN phone by yourself? i have a bb storm with a tmobile service . and im trying to unlock my phone . but im not trying to pay someone to unlock MY PHONE . why isnt there anywhere showing how to just do it yourself????? . i have my mep code and imei i jus need the mep2 and i can unlock it .
    Because its not that simple
    09-28-10 09:50 PM
    Back in the day, you could use a free app to unlock Nokia phones. All other phones have ALWAYS cost money to have unlocked unless your carrier provides it to you. If I got them for free, I would pass on the savings...however, I along with the other unlockers on here have paid for the ability to unlock Blackberry's among other phones.

I'm with you though..I wish it was free too...
    09-29-10 06:11 PM
    Softwares to generate the codes cost money which is why we unlockers charge to unlock phones. As soon as there's a new mep, we need a new update, plus we have expenses...employees...rent...phone etc..

Shoot us an email and we'll help you out
    09-30-10 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD