11-01-11 04:17 PM
68 123
tools
    yes, you should check that with your carrier first which frequency they use.
    03-07-11 07:09 AM
    i heard that when you unlock your phone, the service isn't as great... has anyone had problems with the service after unlocking their phones?
    I had no issues... I am using a Telus unlocked phone and I don't see any problem with the service nor service books.
    03-13-11 11:14 PM
    Hello fellow BBMers.... I lost my phone, and was wondering if I buy a unlocked phone will it work for any cell phone provider? I really miss my black berry .. please help
    Most of them yes, but you want to make sure the phone is compatible with your provider's used frequencies. For example a Blackberry 8520 will not work with Bell because they only have a 3G HSPA Network and the 8520 is not a 3G phone. Another example is a T-Mobile 9700 will not work either on Bell even though the phone is 3G compatible, it's not compatible with the Bell 3G frequency. An AT&T 9700 will though. Could get confusing sometimes but if you tell us the provider you use, we can tell you which will/will not work.
    03-14-11 08:28 AM
    Most of them yes, but you want to make sure the phone is compatible with your provider's used frequencies. For example a Blackberry 8520 will not work with Bell because they only have a 3G HSPA Network and the 8520 is not a 3G phone. Another example is a T-Mobile 9700 will not work either on Bell even though the phone is 3G compatible, it's not compatible with the Bell 3G frequency. An AT&T 9700 will though. Could get confusing sometimes but if you tell us the provider you use, we can tell you which will/will not work.
    Also note that an AT&T, T-Mobile, etc (GSM carriers) phone can not be taken to a carrier like Verizon or Sprint (CDMA).
    03-14-11 12:39 PM
    Hello fellow BBMers.... I lost my phone, and was wondering if I buy a unlocked phone will it work for any cell phone provider? I really miss my black berry .. please help
    You will also have to move the data package over to your new network!
    03-15-11 11:00 PM
    Yes some will require to load the Service Books manually and most of us here can help you with that.
    03-16-11 10:50 AM
    There is plenty of help available here always.
    03-16-11 03:16 PM
    I just unlocked my BB Bold yesterday. I am in Canada and travel to the US quite often. I wanted to the capability to purchase a SIM card from a US carrier to control my expenses ... now, looking for a pay as you go, or prepaid plan that is inexpensive ... any thoughts? Considering TMobile ...
    06-24-11 05:08 PM
    I just unlocked my BB Bold yesterday. I am in Canada and travel to the US quite often. I wanted to the capability to purchase a SIM card from a US carrier to control my expenses ... now, looking for a pay as you go, or prepaid plan that is inexpensive ... any thoughts? Considering TMobile ...
    You can go with T-Mobile, AT&T or Simple Mobile if available. Simple doesn't offer BIS Blackberry Service though.
    06-25-11 11:19 AM
    I think T-Mobile it is then... thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated :-)
    06-25-11 12:01 PM
    Your most welcome. Every unlocker here is always willing to extend his helping hand.
    06-26-11 01:46 PM
    I think T-Mobile it is then... thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated :-)
    Just remember 3g won't work. :P if you need help moving your service books over anyone here can help!
    06-26-11 02:51 PM
    Good to know that...
    10-03-11 08:52 AM
    Unlock lets you use your Blackberry on any gsm netowork worldwide. If you are tired of att, you can switch to t-mobile without buying a new phone, or vice verse. If you are traveling you can just pop in a sim card belonging to a phone company in the country you are located. Our company can unlock any blackberry in under a minute or its free. 100% GUARANTEED TO WORK OR YOUR MONEY BACK. ***** Outlets
    Please no spam
    10-03-11 11:20 AM
    I agree, sometimes switching a carrier can do much improvement.
    10-03-11 09:18 PM
    The main reason to unlock your Blackberry is to allow you to use it with a different network.

ALL blackberry's when unlocked will work with ALL GSM networks worldwide with 2G/EDGE speeds.

If your model supports HSPA/3G as well then depending on the network you want to use it on and the 3G/HSPA bands your phone supports it will work with 3G speeds as well

Just make sure your phone has the same 3G/HSPA bands as the network you want to use it with if you want 3G/HSPA speeds.

If you have any other questions regarding blackberry unlocking send us an email
    we are always happy to help.

Cheers!

James
    10-04-11 04:59 AM
    Unlocking will enable to use any carrier that you device can support. It can be very beneficial to someone who travels alot and wants to change carriers every once a while.
    11-01-11 03:54 PM
    Wow... this is quite an old thread... but answering this guy, even if this goes out in general...

Yeah, I'm going to leave it locked because I don't need to use it outside my network, and so it is additional security.
    There is no additional security of any kind if your phone is locked or not.
    Unlocked simply means your phone is able to work on different networks.
    That's all.
    11-01-11 04:17 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD