11-01-11 03:17 PM
68 123
tools
    How do I do that? Sorry I am a bit new to all this?

Is it easy ? Would that then make it possible to get browser access with a 3 sim or others like o2 or orange?

i would obviously have to buy another sim

Network 3 do not have any setting that they can send me to install....

thanks!
    Last edited by hayleybradshaw; 01-14-10 at 12:49 PM.
    01-14-10 12:41 PM
    Loading service usually fixes most issues.
    01-14-10 03:07 PM
    How do I do that? Sorry I am a bit new to all this?

Is it easy ? Would that then make it possible to get browser access with a 3 sim or others like o2 or orange?

i would obviously have to buy another sim

Network 3 do not have any setting that they can send me to install....

thanks!
    Which provider are you trying to use?
    01-14-10 05:04 PM
    Will unlocking the my bb curve 8310 allow me to use the phone without ATT requiring the data package?
    02-24-10 10:34 AM
    Data is a carrier requirement unlocking doesn't free you from this obligation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-10 10:48 AM
    No it won't unfortunately
    02-24-10 11:51 AM
    Data is a carrier requirement unlocking doesn't free you from this obligation.

I can use my blackberry bold on rogers w/o a data plan. is it different in the states?
    02-24-10 11:52 AM
    Will unlocking the my bb curve 8310 allow me to use the phone without ATT requiring the data package?
    If you really want to know how? I can tell you. I worked for them for years and know how to get around there system.

Two options:

1* Find a Corporate store rep who doesnt' care and they can switch your imei in the system to a dummy one which is just any string of 16 similar digits. I usually used 1 16x's.

2* Find someone in your family who has a dumb phone and have that imei registered on your account.

Both ways will allow you to use the phone semi-normally. Sometimes you will get mms and media net working others you may not depending on the version BlackBerry you have. Regardless your sms and voice will work just as they always did.
    02-24-10 11:55 AM
    I can use my blackberry bold on rogers w/o a data plan. is it different in the states?
    Its a Carrier requirement if you have one.
    02-24-10 12:05 PM
    At least we can give it to Canadian providers that these are not requirements like in the US
    02-24-10 12:06 PM
    I am moving to Canada soon from the US. I currently have a Tour with Verizon. Is it possible to unlock my phone and take it with me, even though Verizon is CDMA and Telus is GSM? Thanks

03-01-10 06:35 PM
    I am moving to Canada soon from the US. I currently have a Tour with Verizon. Is it possible to unlock my phone and take it with me, even though Verizon is CDMA and Telus is GSM? Thanks

You can unlock it but you will only be able to use it on Rogers/Fido GSM because Telus/Bell only have 3G HSPA on GSM and the Tour is not compatible with their bands.
    03-01-10 06:37 PM
    You can unlock it but you will only be able to use it on Rogers/Fido GSM because Telus/Bell only have 3G HSPA on GSM and the Tour is not compatible with their bands.
    Ah, thanks for replying. Oh well.........
    03-01-10 09:53 PM
    Welcome to Canada!! If you haven't heard already, we rocked the US yesterday in the Olympics lol sorry had to do it!!
    03-01-10 10:11 PM
    Ah, thanks for replying. Oh well.........
    You're welcome!
    03-03-10 12:02 PM
    OK...so i'm new at this...i'm debating whether getting the curve 8530 or the Bold 9700 (deffinitely it's a matter of price here), from Telus..but my question is...do u need to have your blackberry unlocked in order to use cracked apps on it? if i get the 8530 i don't think i can unlock it, at least, i could not find anything on the internet. The Bold, on the other hand, it seems it can be unlocked. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    04-10-10 08:57 PM
    OK...so i'm new at this...i'm debating whether getting the curve 8530 or the Bold 9700 (deffinitely it's a matter of price here), from Telus..but my question is...do u need to have your blackberry unlocked in order to use cracked apps on it? if i get the 8530 i don't think i can unlock it, at least, i could not find anything on the internet. The Bold, on the other hand, it seems it can be unlocked. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Unlocking is not like jailbreaking a iPhone.
    04-10-10 10:06 PM
    I'm afraid i don't understand what u mean by that...all i need to know is if when i will buy my phone (locked and everything) i will be able to run on it the cracked apps, or do i need to unlock it to be able to run the apps? I know that unlocking the blackberry allows u to use it on multiple networks, and i kinda understand that it does not crack the OS of the phone..so maybe i should rephrase my question: do i need to crack the OS of the Blackberry in order to get the cracked apps working on it? Thanks.
    04-10-10 10:29 PM
    No BlackBerrys aren't like iPhone's
    04-10-10 10:39 PM
    OK...so i see u like short answers..so i should understand: The locked blackberry will accept the cracked apps. Yes or No. Thank you!
    04-10-10 10:52 PM
    Of course IT IS NOT a iPhone so it doesn't hold to same Restrictions
    04-10-10 10:56 PM
    Unlocking a Blackberry will only enable you to use it with other SIM cards/providers. As for apps, it you have the file for a particular app, then you can simply load it to the phone using BBSAK and use the app. Blackberry OS doesn't really have restrictions. You will not need to "crack" or "jailbreak" a Blackberry in order run apps.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
    04-11-10 12:02 AM
    Hello fellow BBMers.... I lost my phone, and was wondering if I buy a unlocked phone will it work for any cell phone provider? I really miss my black berry .. please help
    03-06-11 09:36 AM
    The device you buy will only be compatible with the same frequencies as the carrier supports. ie. You cannot use a CDMA device like a 8330 on at&t ...
    03-06-11 10:34 PM
    yup, agreed
    03-07-11 06:04 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD