The keyboard on my blackberry stopped working after 5 months so I sent it back to tmobile for a replacement. The only problem is that i'm out of the country right now so I need to unlock it again. Last time when I asked tmobile for an unlock code, I received one in less then 48 hours. Now, I called them on Feb 25th, and I have still not heard from them yet. I keep on calling to see what the problem is and they are telling me that it is pending with the manufacturer. Does it normally take this long to get an unlock code? I am getting so frustrated!
    03-02-10 11:59 AM
    When I received an unlock code for mine it took 24 hours. Call them back and ask them again.... they might have misunderstood you... it should not take that long.
    03-02-10 12:15 PM
    Yeah I would just keep calling back. Not sure what the deal is with "pending with the manufacturer" bs line they are feeding you.
    03-02-10 12:19 PM
    It only took me 24 hours to get mine
    03-02-10 02:56 PM
    Once they took several days till i called them back and gave them a little bit of attitude, then I was transferred to blackberry support and they gave me the code right there and then..I was a bit surprised..!
    03-02-10 05:14 PM
    I requested the unlocked code via Tmobile Chat, and the next day I had it in my email.
    03-02-10 05:21 PM
    Should I wait for t-mobile to get back to me or should I just try to get it unlocked online? If I try to get it unlocked online will it cause any problems since I already gave my IMEI number to tmobile to unlock?
    03-02-10 11:47 PM
    I see why not you will just get the unlock code two times.
    03-03-10 12:32 AM
    usually it does take 24 hours, however it took T-Mobile 3 days to get me the unlock code for my fiancee's mytouch 3G. And then yesterday she dropped it in a cup of water, so now she has a brand new 8520. (and ordered the unlock code for the 8520 yesterday)
    03-03-10 02:11 AM
    Most of those reps are air heads. They probably forgot (they did with me). Call them again.
    03-03-10 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD