I have an AT&T locked Q10 (PRD 53402-001). I've called AT&T and they are unable to provide me an unlock code because the IMEI isn't on their system (i currently have an AT&T SIM in the phone and using it for AT&T!!!).

I also tried about 10 paid sites and was refunded because they couldn't find it either.

Does anyone know where else I can look?
    12-24-14 10:57 AM
    The only reason I can think of is that you have a refurbished device.
    12-24-14 11:14 AM
    Are you the original purchaser of the phone? Bought from AT&T? You can have the store reprint or email the receipt to you up to 2 years according to them. I was able to have them send me a receipt for my Z10 that I bought in April of last year. It will show the IMEI. IF you can get AT&T support to pay attention you may be able to send that receipt to their unlock team.

I just went through hassling with them myself and found many of their online agents inept at understanding I paid full price for the phone at the AT&T store, had a receipt showing the purchase price and IMEI, and they would either tell me the phone was under contract (it's not), that it wasn't a listed IMEI (then later tell me it was), and then tell me they couldn't unlock my phone because it was already unlocked (they were looking at a current IMEI on my account which is for an unlocked Z30.)

In the end I paid FreeMyBlackBerry $30 to send me a code and it worked.

Richard
    12-24-14 12:34 PM
    System Settings - About - change category to hardware - your imei should be listed.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 12:42 PM
    And I thought all bb10 phone after the z10 were unlocked.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 12:43 PM
    Thanks I'll try getting my hands on the receipt and giving it to AT&T. It's a brand new device (AT&T box and everything). I've not been successful in having them understand that its purchased at full retail and not part of any contract. Despite meeting all the terms and conditions on their unlock page, I received no help.

Unfortunately freemyblackberry (along with every other site i found online) was not able to locate the IMEI and posted me a refund saying "code was not found in our database".
    12-24-14 01:53 PM
    When I look in my settings, the network subset is unlocked, but the network is locked to AT&T. I get the button which says Unlock Network where I can enter my unlock code.
    12-24-14 01:53 PM
    I have the box and no indication of it being refurbished.

Are refurbished devices not eligible for unlocks by AT&T? Just curious.

Also, AT&T did not tell me its refurb when i gave them my IMEI.
    12-24-14 01:54 PM
    Being a refurbished phone or not shouldn't matter. FreeMyBlackBerry.com was able to send me the unlock code for my old Torch 9800 last October, and it was purchased from AT&T refurbished back in December of 2010.

The label on the box will have if it's refurbished or not. It did on the box for the Torch and the Z10 I'm using now that I got in July of 2013. AT&T has the IMEI in their database somewhere if it's on the label too. Someone in CS just isn't looking hard enough.

Now, I haven't tried to unlock my Z10 yet.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 12:00 AM
    Being a refurbished phone or not shouldn't matter. FreeMyBlackBerry.com was able to send me the unlock code for my old Torch 9800 last October, and it was purchased from AT&T refurbished back in December of 2010.

The label on the box will have if it's refurbished or not. It did on the box for the Torch and the Z10 I'm using now that I got in July of 2013. AT&T has the IMEI in their database somewhere if it's on the label too. Someone in CS just isn't looking hard enough.

Now, I haven't tried to unlock my Z10 yet.

Posted via CB10
    There is an issue with some refurbished, where BlackBerry messed up and it's IMEI isn't registered to a carrier or their system. Rare, but happens, and makes unlocking difficult.
    12-28-14 12:47 AM
    i am having the same problem . Got my own from at&t store when i went for holiday in the state now i am back to my country and no unlocking code yet.
    12-30-14 07:44 AM
    So i was able to stumble across a solution to this... I repeatedly called AT&T and ran into different reps and explained my situation to them. The first few times came with no success. Then i came across someone who had dealt with this before and I picked up some vocabulary which may be helpful...

Essentially, you would have to ask them to "open a case with their back office" to unlock the phone. This comes with a "Case Number" which started with a "CM" in my case. They will take down your email address and the "back office" will send you a code within 24 hours.

I learned from the helpful AT&T customer service rep that this has nothing to do with whether phones have been activated on AT&T networks, etc. The back office doesn't really care about any of that. They verify your account, the phone itself (blacklist, etc.) and then generate and email you an unlock code.
    12-31-14 06:22 AM
    Hi just wanted to know if you have unlocked your phone because i would like to know where you unlocked it, because i am having that same problem with my.
    12-31-14 06:39 AM
    Have you unlock the phone
    01-02-15 03:25 PM