Hey,

So my folks are heading over to the US over the Christmas & NYE holidays. Thought I would ask them to pick a Bold 9700 whilst they where there & bring it back with them to be used in Europe.

Radio Compatibility shouldn't be a problem obviously but where should I ask them to find an unlocked & unbranded Bold 9700, competitively priced ideally lol...

Currently my Bold 9000 is driving me nuts due to the trackball sticking CONSTANTLY. Gonna hand it in tomorrow in the hopes of having it serviced or the trackball replaced entirely hopefully.
    11-16-09 04:16 PM
    Why not just clean the trackball?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 10:05 PM
    Its just a further incentive to upgrade...
    11-17-09 08:16 AM
    I think Ebay is your best option. The 9700 is too new and i don't think that there are many resellers out there yet that carry the device...most specifically in FL.
    11-17-09 08:21 AM
    Cheers, best to wait I guess then.
    11-17-09 09:35 AM
    Was thinking about the option of buying the Bold 9700 from an official AT&T outlet with no commitments. Would they be able to unlock the device in-store upon purchase? If not what's the best way to do so?
    12-11-09 06:19 AM
    You can without a doubt pay full price at a AT&T company store to get your 9700 and then you would need to call them to have it unlocked. Do not think they do it in the store. OR you can use one of the services on eBay to email you the unlock code in just an hour or so.
    12-11-09 06:38 AM
    Pity it can't be done in store. Mainly cos my parents aren't so tech savy!

Could I simply use CellUnlock.net|Unlock any Blackberry locked to AT&T / Cingular Remotely by Code. for example when they get back? Not really familiar with the whole unlocking thing to be honest
    12-11-09 07:43 AM
    If you are in S.Fla you can get them in the Sawgrass mall in Coral Springs at any of the 3 electronics stores there

12-11-09 08:27 AM
    Alot of the malls down here do have the electronic booths that carry unlocked phones, I have seen them there.
    12-11-09 09:54 AM
    If you are in S.Fla you can get them in the Sawgrass mall in Coral Springs at any of the 3 electronics stores there

Sawgrass Mills mall is in Sunrise, Florida, not Coral Springs. There is also a mall in Coral Springs called the Coral Square mall on the corner of Atlantic Blvd. and University Drive. Both have electronics stores and kiosks, but I cannot speak to what those stores carry.
    12-11-09 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD