what happens when a person enters the wrong unlock password 10x ??

will my bb forever locked? or is there a time period where it will allow me to enter password again?
    04-04-08 05:58 PM
    I think it wipes the bb.
    04-04-08 05:59 PM
    It will wipe the device completly. . . did you forget the code or is it not accepting what you're typing?
    04-04-08 06:03 PM
    I think It wipes the bb (removes all personal data) and your BB will be restored to factory settings.
    04-04-08 06:04 PM
    Everything personal goes away!!!
    04-04-08 06:17 PM
    thats pretty sweet! Good to know in case mine gets stolen, the password stays even after 10 attempts though right??

Jim
    04-04-08 06:19 PM
    after 10 attempts it will prompt you to type 'blackberry' and then it will return the device to the condition it was in the day you took it out of the box. No password anymore. The only time a password might stay is if the berry is attached to an enterprise server and they have an IT policy on it to keep the password even after master reset.
    04-04-08 06:28 PM
    Yikes...I had mine up to seven. Good thing I stopped.
    04-04-08 06:48 PM
    So if someone steals it, the password just protects your personal stuff but not your phone at all?

I guess thats cool, because if you forget your password, at least you can use your phone, minus personal info of course....

Jim
    04-05-08 04:00 PM
    All personal data "even bb registration and email" is deleted but the data in the microsd card... I had mine up to 3, my wife wanted to "Play" with my bb, she knew the password but typed the wrong ones "she forgot" and now all my data and setup is gone...
    04-05-08 10:01 PM
    When it wipes all the data is gone from the berry. It will become just like the day you bought it and admired it in all its glory.

kleraudio

When it is locked the only thing you are able to do is unlock and make emergency calls. You must enter a password before you can do anything
    04-05-08 10:57 PM
    why the link to my profile??

and I still admire it for all its glory, I cant put the thing down!

Jim
    04-05-08 11:25 PM
    For April Fools, one of my friends wiped out my phone. Luckily I do regular backups so it was easy to be back up and running.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-08 11:38 PM
    OK, I'm a newbie and I have asked this question before but...
    My Device Manager software is not working on my laptop (running Vista)
    I just got Media Manager to work but not the device manager, all I get is the Device Manager icon in my taskbar but I can't open the app.

Anyway, How do I backup my BB 8320 Curve so if it (God forbid) does go down, I can easily reinstall all my settings and apps. And please give a staright forward answer, not all these opinions! Alot of newbies here came here to get some real quick help from the people that matter the most - consumers. Thanx in advance for any real help!

BTW, I bought my BB new from T-Mobile about a week ago and the software came with it.
    04-07-08 12:43 PM
    hey man I have a bb like that right now.....are you sure it will just restore it??

So if someone steals it, the password just protects your personal stuff but not your phone at all?

I guess thats cool, because if you forget your password, at least you can use your phone, minus personal info of course....

Jim
    04-09-08 08:26 PM
    OK, I'm a newbie and I have asked this question before but...
    My Device Manager software is not working on my laptop (running Vista)
    I just got Media Manager to work but not the device manager, all I get is the Device Manager icon in my taskbar but I can't open the app.

Anyway, How do I backup my BB 8320 Curve so if it (God forbid) does go down, I can easily reinstall all my settings and apps. And please give a staright forward answer, not all these opinions! Alot of newbies here came here to get some real quick help from the people that matter the most - consumers. Thanx in advance for any real help!

BTW, I bought my BB new from T-Mobile about a week ago and the software came with it.
    I have Vista and have had no problems installing or using device manager. What happens when you try to open it? Any messages or what?

Try downloading this version BlackBerry - BlackBerry - Sys Req V4-3 and try it out
    04-09-08 09:40 PM
    Let's see...
    I have my bb under a bes solution so my emails are connected to my email corporative account (messages, calendar, task, contacts).
    A few months ago I forced to wipe (wrong unlock password 10x wrong ) and when bb restart all my app were just installed and after the pim was restored when I activate the email.
    04-09-08 09:48 PM
    I had tried to put in the password that i use to unlock my blackberry when its not connected. the comp wouldnt take it and it reset the entire thing after 10 times. my last backup was over a year ago. I guess there is nothing to do right? BUT my real question is what the heck was that password? was it one to an account or something i put in strictly for the desktop program that i forgot or what?
    03-20-11 10:40 AM
    It wipes the phone, which is why my Blackberry is never in my pocket or my bag. I always hold it. Anyone wanting to steal that will have to pull it away from my cold dead hands!
    03-20-11 10:47 AM
    no! your BB will not be locked forever. but there will be the downside that all your personal data will be wiped off. and your device will be restored to factory settings.
    10-28-11 01:55 PM
    Some devices you can get the counter reset.
    10-29-11 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD