I have a BB 9780 and am trying to use it with a AT&T gophone sim. I have unlocked it and when I put in the sim it does recognize my number(I can make calls) but nothing else.
    The phone does have the latest OS system that came with the phone. Do I keep this on it or do I have to put in a different OS? I have searched all over and have not been able to find the solution to this. ALL I really want to be able to do is make calls and picture/video text msgs. If someone could post a link to how I can set up text msgs I would be greatful. TY!!!!!
    02-01-11 02:47 PM
    Welcome to the forums.

I might be mistaken but isn't MMS on BlackBerry only possible while on a data plan?

Updating the OS is optional. If your device is working as it should, wait untill the next official release from your carrier. Updating is only necessary when the OS loaded has issues (forgot we're talking 9780s here. DO update!).
    02-01-11 04:03 PM
    I might be mistaken but isn't MMS on BlackBerry only possible while on a data plan
    Correct.....
    bradley802 likes this.
    02-01-11 04:05 PM
    thanks for the responses. So I understand this, you have to have a data plan to send text msgs? I don't have a data plan with at&t and I can send text msgs(including picture and video). I thought a data plan is to be able to go online/web.
    02-01-11 04:17 PM
    thanks for the responses. So I understand this, you have to have a data plan to send text msgs? I don't have a data plan with at&t and I can send text msgs(including picture and video). I thought a data plan is to be able to go online/web.
    Not SMS messages (pure text). MMS (Picture/Video) messages.

Try registering the device to the network again. Options > Advanced Options > (sorry I really forgot... should be provisioning or something).
    Last edited by diegonei; 02-01-11 at 04:20 PM.
    bradley802 likes this.
    02-01-11 04:18 PM
    Try registering the device to the network again. Options > Advanced Options > (sorry I really forgot... should be provisioning or something).
    Let me help you

Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register Now
    bradley802 likes this.
    02-01-11 04:25 PM
    Not SMS messages (pure text). MMS (Picture/Video) messages.

Thanks, I'm going to try. If that doesn't work I guess I'll have to get a data plan with AT&T
    02-01-11 04:28 PM
    AT&T does not currently offer BlackBerry Data on prepaid.
    02-01-11 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD