11-25-10 10:22 AM
33 12
tools
    If i have pageplus cell phone service, will unlocking it allow me to acces data?
    12-24-09 01:40 PM
    No it will not. Unlocking does not unlock "features"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 01:42 PM
    so how would i be able to access data on thier service, ive heard about it being done before. Or is there even a way?
    12-24-09 02:09 PM
    Flashing the device.

12-24-09 02:15 PM
    I have a Beginner question about unlocking a blackberry bold which I'm planning to buy soon. If I get an already unlocked one from eBay for use with sprint, will they be able to activate it for me? Also does having an unlocked bb from eBay mean that I can have it activated through sprint without having the 2 year contract? Can I just use it on a month to month basis? Please answer. Thank you.

10-27-10 01:48 AM
    I have a Beginner question about unlocking a blackberry bold which I'm planning to buy soon. If I get an already unlocked one from eBay for use with sprint, will they be able to activate it for me? Also does having an unlocked bb from eBay mean that I can have it activated through sprint without having the 2 year contract? Can I just use it on a month to month basis? Please answer. Thank you.

The word "unlocked" only goes for GSM Carriers. That word means you can use Any sim card from any network in the world and put it in your phone. Unfortanately Sprint is a CDMA network so you will not be able to take a GSM phone, that uses sim cards, and "activate" it on sprint. It won't work. The 2 technologies are not compatible.

Sometimes you see a sprint or Verizon phone being used on a gsm network. And the only reason that is possible is because some CDMA phones have sim card slots built in them to those users can use the phone overseas and piggy back other networks. We'll unlockers like ourselves an others unlock those sim cards slots to be used on other networks. Sadly it cannot work the other way around. You will not be able to "unlock" a phone and use it on sprint.

If your lucky enough you can buy a phone on ebay, hard to find though, that has a "clean esn" which means the cdma technology hasn't been activated yet. Good luck with your buying!!
    10-27-10 08:23 AM
    I know that verizon tends to shy away from the sim card use. but I have a friend with a verizon blackberry and it uses a sim card. does this mean the phone can be unlocked and used with another sim service provider. I dont remember which bb he has but according to pete, if it uses a sim, then it is a GSM phone.

Just trying to be clear
    11-25-10 10:20 AM
    It has sim card, doesnt use it. It is for roaming with its parent company vodafone

11-25-10 10:22 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD