Hey guys i really need your help on this one.

I really need to know what are the disadvantages on unclocking a blackberry.
    In my situation i have a brand new blackberry 8800 still in box, but i used my t-mobile phone (with a basic plan). I would like to unlock my blackberry and use the SIM that i have on my tmobile phone. by the way can i do that if i unlock my blackberry? Second, i was thinking about just getting a new sim(pre-paid for sidekik) card after unlockin the blackberry and use it to browser and emails, but i was told that after unlockin the blackberry all of the features are gone?

please guys help me out. thank you in advance
    07-18-07 07:21 PM
    Unlocking a GSM device will allow you to use the SIM from any other GSM carrier on that device.

Using a Sidekick plan will not work. You must have a BB data plan if you want email and browsing.
    07-18-07 07:39 PM
    Unlocking a GSM device will allow you to use the SIM from any other GSM carrier on that device.

Using a Sidekick plan will not work. You must have a BB data plan if you want email and browsing.
    so what you recomend i do. by the way i dont have a sidekik..

is there anyway i could use my blackberry to browse n email without havin to add a plan..is there anythin pre-paid from any other carrier i should know about

any help from anybody will help thank you
    Last edited by pabajo; 07-18-07 at 10:58 PM.
    07-18-07 07:55 PM
    I'm really not trying to be rude here, but like I said in my above post....

You must have a BB data plan if you want email and browsing.
    07-19-07 06:07 AM
    OK thnks for the answer..Anyways my other question is, if i unlock it but i also get a plan from cingular with my unlock blackberry will the data plan work if the blackberry is unlock?
    07-22-07 02:38 AM
    Yes, once unlocked, as long as you have a data plan associated with your SIM, it will work.
    07-22-07 10:37 AM
    There is no need of purchasing a new sim for this purpose because the after unlocking you can use any sim in your BB.

Secondly, all of its features will work porperly.
    09-05-11 04:12 AM
    You can unlock it but if it's a sprint device you need more then just a regular unlocking to setup the CDMA menu.

You can use a wifi connection to connect the internet and the blackberry browser to get your webmail.
    Pushin Email will work only with data plan but T-Mobile offers a prepaid data.
    09-05-11 05:04 AM
    Agree with blackberry-unlocking710...
    09-05-11 11:28 AM
    Still required to have a BlackBerry Data Plan in order to use all the functions regardless of what carrier you are on.
    09-06-11 12:04 PM
    Holy old thread revival!
    09-06-11 12:06 PM
    No disadvantages. It will just allow you to use any GSM that your BB will support.
    10-31-11 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD