anyone know?
    02-14-09 10:51 PM
    Call att for the code(free) or horizonwirelss

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 11:16 PM
    I would try calling att first and then pay. Theres other ways but theyre extremely techincal.
    02-14-09 11:40 PM
    Call AT&T, tell them that you are leaving for vacation in Europe next week, that your father does a lot of international traveling for work and he recommended that you get the Subsidiary Unlock Code from them so that your phone will work perfectly while you are over there.

Once you have the code:

Go to Manage Connections and uncheck Mobile Network and Wi-Fi.

Go to Settings then select Options and select Advanced Options and scroll down to and select SIM Card.

Type in "mepd" (There is no box or anything, just type it).

Your Personalization screen will appear and you will see that Network is Active meaning it is locked to the specific carrier.

Type in "mep2" (There is no box or anything, just type it).

A box will appear saying "Enter Network MEP Code".

This is where you will enter the unlock code you obtained and press the scroll ball in to to continue.

If done successfully, the screen will say "Code Accepted".

Network will now be "Disabled" meaning the BlackBerry Bold is unlocked.

Take out the battery, put in the SIM card for the carrier you would like to use, and place the battery back in after 15 seconds.

After your phone fully powers up, you want to go to Manage Connections and check Mobile Network and Wi-Fi.

I really apologize, but I can't remember who posted that originally, but the credit does not belong to me for figuring it out. I did it though and the directions are perfect.

Chris
    02-15-09 12:20 AM
    ok thank you
    02-15-09 03:55 AM
    will these unlock codes work for china? specifically shanghai and hong kong.
    03-15-09 09:01 PM
    Unlocked means unlocked ..like forever, where ever
    But, I do not know about Shanghai
    03-15-09 09:08 PM
    Shanghai currently has no 3g deployment but 2g works fine. I used a China Unicom SIM card there as well as a Peoples (hk) sim card in hong kong

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD