Ok, here we go......I picked up a 8830we(verizon), that I found out could not be used on Sprint...whoops, live and learn. I was upgrading from old 7130e that I have on sprint. So I have been all over the WWW and here is what I have done:

I was able to move my ESNhes & ESNdec from my 7130e to the 8830we.
    I was able to wipe the phone, and change my BBpin. Installed sprint PRL.
    I installed sprint BBos. I even changed the verizon SPC/MSL (##000000) to that of my sprint 7130e.

Ok, so here I am, voice and SMS working flawlessly....now I would like to get the data portion to work. When I provision, I get error 1012.

I spoke with BB tech at sprint, we did TONS of stuff, resets...blah blah but nothing, the phone will not provision, so I cannot get service books and data to get on internet.

My BBpin is not blocked, so its good to go, im not blacklisted or anything.

1. is there some NV files that need to be changed that were origianlly VZW??
    2. on the CDMA programming menu is there something that needs to be updated?

Im at a loss, and so where the helpfull people at sprint, I have tons of software for programming, and have gotten comfortable working on rewriting files on the phone...any advice?

I dont think what i did was "kosher" i essentially cloned MY old phone....but I am missing something on the programming side.
    11-07-09 08:51 AM
    PS i have 1x for signal
    11-07-09 08:52 AM
    Try making sure the apn settings are displaying the ones for Sprint not Verizon.
    11-07-09 10:41 AM
    you mean the xxxxxx@sprintpcs.com?? if so that is done as well, though VZW uses both SIp & MIP and sprint only uses MIP...am i right?
    11-07-09 10:43 AM
    Not sure about the MIP and SIP's. I dislike CDMA carriers so I never use them LOL. Only way to compare is have one device from each carrier and comparing the settings.
    11-07-09 10:59 AM
    Well thats what I have kinda done, but I was wondering if there is some carrier specific programming i need to do thru QXDM or something
    11-07-09 11:59 AM
    Probably I'm not too familiar with those settings or program.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 12:00 PM
    Ok, here we go......I picked up a 8830we(verizon), that I found out could not be used on Sprint...whoops, live and learn. I was upgrading from old 7130e that I have on sprint. So I have been all over the WWW and here is what I have done:

I was able to move my ESNhes & ESNdec from my 7130e to the 8830we.
    I was able to wipe the phone, and change my BBpin. Installed sprint PRL.
    I installed sprint BBos. I even changed the verizon SPC/MSL (##000000) to that of my sprint 7130e.

Ok, so here I am, voice and SMS working flawlessly....now I would like to get the data portion to work. When I provision, I get error 1012.

I spoke with BB tech at sprint, we did TONS of stuff, resets...blah blah but nothing, the phone will not provision, so I cannot get service books and data to get on internet.

My BBpin is not blocked, so its good to go, im not blacklisted or anything.

1. is there some NV files that need to be changed that were origianlly VZW??
    2. on the CDMA programming menu is there something that needs to be updated?

Im at a loss, and so where the helpfull people at sprint, I have tons of software for programming, and have gotten comfortable working on rewriting files on the phone...any advice?

I dont think what i did was "kosher" i essentially cloned MY old phone....but I am missing something on the programming side.

I think u need to make sure your mip username is set to ur hexidecimal esn @hcm.sprintpcs.com ur apn will be cinet.spcs and ur pri ha is 68.28.31.76 and ur second ha is 68.28.53.76 then update ur profile

U will need ur msl to do this. Good luck

11-26-09 05:17 PM
    U might want to change ur vendor I'd and use sprints software too if that doesn't work sprints is 104

11-26-09 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD