In the topic, I said "disconnected" but meant to say canceled I guess.. although technically my Curve 8530 prepaid Beyond plan is paid up on Virgin's service for another week.. but I just picked up the Z10 on TMobile. I had them do a port-in, and when that happened, Virgin made it so that I can't even use the Curve 8530 on Wifi! I was planning on using it indefinitely for Pandora or for email using my home connection. What the heck!? Can they do that?

Anyway, will "unlocking" solve this problem? Is it possible? I don't intend to use the phone for mobile voice/data unless maybe for an emergency sometime in the future.
    04-09-13 01:33 AM
    When you port out, you close your account. You have to have a phone number associated with a cell phone if you want service, but you took that phone number and put in on your Z10. YOU turned off the 8530 by porting it out.
    04-09-13 01:42 AM
    I don't want cell service, just to be able to use it unrestricted over wifi...

BTW I just realized that Pandora still works.. Just no email or browser :/

edit: appworld is still working! I'm installing Opera Mini.. and looks like it works. Appworld must have been running all this time, I'm not sure if exiting it would result in not being able to run it again..
    04-09-13 01:44 AM