How am I going to use my Tour in Europe if Verizon wont unlock my phone?? I think I may be returning it if they dont.

Has anyone else run into this problem?
    I am a new customer and I do understand that some people just cancel servicer but come on, if you sell as a world phone and I cant use it is that false advertising?

Thanks,
    07-18-09 02:08 PM
    It is a WORLD phone, with the Verizon wireless SIM card thats in the back. This requires Global Service.

also, I have heard that people HAVE had their phones unlocked by Verizon. You just have to keep calling customer service... It will take 4+ trys.
    07-18-09 02:14 PM
    I hear they do it automatically if you have been with them for more than a year (give or take) and have payed on time
    07-18-09 02:17 PM
    They will unlock it if you have had the account for I think 90 days or it could be 60
    07-18-09 02:20 PM
    How am I going to use my Tour in Europe if Verizon wont unlock my phone?? I think I may be returning it if they dont.

Has anyone else run into this problem?
    I am a new customer and I do understand that some people just cancel servicer but come on, if you sell as a world phone and I cant use it is that false advertising?

Thanks,
    You mentioned new customer? VZW's policy is you must be a customer for more than six months before they provide you with this free unlock service. I have had three of my storms and the new tour unlocked thru vzw recently. I have been with vzw for more than 11 years (was with them when it was called air-touch !) a friend of mine got his tour unlocked on monday thru VZW ( he has been with vzw since dec 2008). You could call CS again and talk nice and maybe you will get lucky with a different tech.
    You mention "false adv".that's not true it works in europe, its just that you don't want to pay their prices!!.
    07-18-09 02:20 PM
    Or, you could just get the unlock code from someplace else...
    07-18-09 02:22 PM
    There was a guy on here who posted how to get the unlock code from vzw. I am away right now but can send u the link to the post when I get home tomorrow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 02:40 PM
    There was a guy on here who posted how to get the unlock code from vzw. I am away right now but can send u the link to the post when I get home tomorrow.

Keep calling, mabye you'll get lucky. If not, you can do what the guys above say. SEARCH CB.COM forums, you'll find it!
    07-18-09 02:56 PM

Keep calling, mabye you'll get lucky. If not, you can do what the guys above say. SEARCH CB.COM forums, you'll find it!
    I know the post he means, and that is actually what he said... keep calling... lol
    07-18-09 03:06 PM
    call verizons global (or is it international?) support. they will be more likely to give you the unlock than just dialing *611
    07-18-09 03:07 PM
    Global Support: (908) 559-4899
    07-18-09 03:52 PM
    I just called, asked real politely (I just said I am going on a class trip to Italy next month) and she walked me through it step-by-step.
    07-18-09 03:54 PM
    Talk to verizon they should unlock it for free. If not use one of hte unlockers online.

Check my sig.
    07-21-09 12:58 PM
    I sent an email to vzw a few days ago, and today I received the unlock code. Didn't have any problems getting it.
    07-21-09 03:23 PM
    you have to be a customer for 6 months
    07-22-09 11:39 PM
    Thanks everyone I guess I will call back and try later. If anyone won the unlock code and does not need it pm me please because I sure do!!

Rock on!
    07-22-09 11:51 PM
    NEGATIVE!!!

Verizon WILL unlock your tour provided.....

1. U have paid you bill on time over the last year
    2. U have not requested an unlock in the past 10 month

They will unlock your phone for you. Just make sure you call them from another phone. And call global support whe you do it.

I already got mine unlocked from verizon after getting my 50$ off discount form the global team.
    07-22-09 11:55 PM
    Call and make nice nice with the rep. I've done it with my bb's.
    07-22-09 11:59 PM
    you have to be a customer for 6 months
    That's right. If you keep calling you can usually find somebody that will give it to you sooner
    07-23-09 12:08 AM
    as long as you have paid fine within the last 60days, they should have no issue unlocking your phone...they won't even ask why...might ask what country you plan on visiting...just pick one on their list!
    10-20-09 07:44 PM
    If you're getting no where with *611 or direct to global services you may be SOL. However, you can also try going to the customer support page on VZW.com and sending them an email. There's a specific option dealing with global services. Explain nicely that you're traveling to Europe and need an unlock code. Shouldn't a a problem as long as you're not a new customer. Or a slow payer.
    10-20-09 07:51 PM
    Dude! You just brought back a post from the dead lol. If OP hasn't been able to get a free code from July till now, he's bound to be SOL by now! lol
    10-20-09 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD