Hey,

I have 9530 and i am looking to get the storm 2. The GF is going to pairs for a semester and i want to unlock my storm 1 so she can use it in france.

My question are:

Can i get a unlock code from verzion? how easy is it? (account is a VIP and have been with verizon for at least five years....obviously never unlocked a phone before)
    Do i get the unlock code before i get the storm 2? will me getting a storm 2 mess up my unlocking of storm 1?
    How long does it take to unlock the storm?
    By unlocking a phone, It will allow her to use a sim card from france?
    Is this the cheapest option? does anyone have any suggestions who has been through this?

thank you for your help!

Pennz
    10-06-09 12:26 PM
    If you are giving her your storm 1 just call Verizon for the unlock code, they will walk you through it. Once it is unlocked she will be able to us a french sim.
    10-06-09 12:29 PM
    To get your unlock code for the Storm 1, call Verizon and tell them you are traveling overseas and you want to use a local pre-paid SIM card. They should give you the code for free. If they refuse to give the code, hang up and call again until you get your code.

From what I understand, the unlocking process is a couple minutes, and VZW should walk you through the process.

The unlock code won't effect your Storm 2 decision at all. You're not changing your contract, just unlocking you phone.
    10-06-09 12:32 PM
    If you are giving her your storm 1 just call Verizon for the unlock code, they will walk you through it. Once it is unlocked she will be able to us a french sim.
    Thank you for the quick reply. She is not going abroad till feb and i expect to get the storm two when it comes out.....
    Can i unlock my storm 1 right now and still use it on verizon like i do now? then get the storm two and give her the unlocked storm 1 in feb?

any idea the cost to have a BB in france?

Sorry I've never really understood unlocking

Thanks again for the fast reply and the help

Pennz
    10-06-09 12:35 PM
    Thank you for the quick reply. She is not going abroad till feb and i expect to get the storm two when it comes out.....
    Can i unlock my storm 1 right now and still use it on verizon like i do now? then get the storm two and give her the unlocked storm 1 in feb?

any idea the cost to have a BB in france?

Sorry I've never really understood unlocking

Thanks again for the fast reply and the help

Pennz
    Unlocking it now will not effect how it works on Verizon. The only thing unlocking does is give you the ability to use some other carriers sim card in it.
    10-06-09 12:44 PM
    my only question is, how many times is your gf gonna cheat on you in paris. . .well, at least she'll have your storm so she can send ya good pics maybe. ;-)
    10-06-09 02:51 PM
    my only question is, how many times is your gf gonna cheat on you in paris. . .well, at least she'll have your storm so she can send ya good pics maybe. ;-)
    thanks. your real helpful.....grow up
    10-06-09 03:16 PM
    thanks. your real helpful.....grow up
    c'mon now. . just a little comedy
    10-06-09 03:21 PM
    c'mon now. . just a little comedy
    i didnt see anything wrong with it.....in fact he did call it "going to pairs" in first post. i was gonna come up with something naughty for that. lol
    10-06-09 03:39 PM
    i didnt see anything wrong with it.....in fact he did call it "going to pairs" in first post. i was gonna come up with something naughty for that. lol
    touch
    can you help answer some of my questions...?
    10-06-09 03:48 PM
    Make sure you call and have them unlock the phone while its still active on your account!
    10-06-09 03:49 PM
    Make sure you call and have them unlock the phone while its still active on your account!
    That and the number to call is 800-711-8300
    10-06-09 03:56 PM
    touch
    can you help answer some of my questions...?
    sure.....answers are yes,yes,no,5 minutes,yes,yes....
    10-06-09 04:53 PM
    sure.....answers are yes,yes,no,5 minutes,yes,yes....
    awww, thats just being mean.
    10-06-09 04:56 PM
    thank you everyone

pennz
    10-06-09 04:57 PM
    Note that if you are willing to pay Verizon's roaming rates, and want to be reachable on your VZW phone number, you don't have to unlock the Storm. You just need to call VZW to enable international service. You only need to unlock it if you want to use a (cheaper) local pre-pay SIM (with a local phone number).
    10-08-09 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD