So I unlocked my blackberry with a online service because I was living in Europe for a few months over the summer and now I'm back in the US. I'm having problems with the keyboard. So the only question i have is if i take it back to Verizon will they know that I unlocked it and still provide me with service?
    09-20-09 01:41 PM
    Good question... I would say they should support it as long as its under warrenty... its a verizon branded phone right?
    09-20-09 02:18 PM
    Yes. Its Verizon branded. I wasn't really thinking when I first bought it...I need to upgrade to a blackberry but I realized that the bill was going to be huge and now I want to get back on Verizon since I'm back in the US.
    09-20-09 02:27 PM
    had you canceled your account outright? If so, you'll have to go through RIM directly for your warrenty.
    09-20-09 02:34 PM
    No. I didn't cancel my service. But I get Verizons coverage here but I'm wondering if I can go into a Verizon store and get a replacement blackberry since the one I have has some keys that don't work without any problems. Like will they have it logged in the computer system or anything that will say that I unlocked my phone and then they won't provide me with customer support etc.?
    09-20-09 02:58 PM
    no they dont "log" it in the computer that you unlocked your phone. You should be fine as long as your phone is under 1yr old.
    09-20-09 03:03 PM
    Okay cool. Thanks for the help.
    09-20-09 03:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD