02-19-10 12:28 PM
48 12
tools
    Nope should work fine. Just make sure Wind closes your account so yoru PIN gets released.
    01-03-10 05:24 PM
    Thanks for the reply CarrierUnlock. According to their website, Telus would not configure data services on unlocked phones. Is that something I could do easily (I don't consider myself a tech savy, but I can follow instructions when they are available)? A couple people on this thread indicated that they had problems with data after switching to telus (jeditait and huskies62). Was your problem fixed? What did you have to do?
    01-03-10 07:33 PM
    Should just need to send the service books to the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 07:35 PM
    Thanks for the reply CarrierUnlock. According to their website, Telus would not configure data services on unlocked phones. Is that something I could do easily (I don't consider myself a tech savy, but I can follow instructions when they are available)? A couple people on this thread indicated that they had problems with data after switching to telus (jeditait and huskies62). Was your problem fixed? What did you have to do?

I am currently at an impasse with my situation. I am not very tech savvy either but what my current hold up is that the pin is being held by Rogers. The BB is unlocked but the pin seems to be what stops it from working.
    01-03-10 09:30 PM
    No carriers configures them for you. You yourself have to set it up. Just login to their bis page register your imei and pin and bam your done.
    01-03-10 11:02 PM
    No carriers configures them for you. You yourself have to set it up. Just login to their bis page register your imei and pin and bam your done.

I have tried this. When I put in the Pin and IMEI it tells me that create an account because the device is not registered with my wireless provider. It provides instructions to register it. Going in advanced options and host routing table. I have done this multiply times and it has not worked. The last step they say is to contact your provider. I did and they were absolutely no help. Is there something I am missing?
    01-04-10 10:03 AM
    I have tried this. When I put in the Pin and IMEI it tells me that create an account because the device is not registered with my wireless provider. It provides instructions to register it. Going in advanced options and host routing table. I have done this multiply times and it has not worked. The last step they say is to contact your provider. I did and they were absolutely no help. Is there something I am missing?
    Were you able to register your Blackberry on Telus BIS Site?

Try creating an account here and see what happens https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=telus
    01-04-10 11:07 AM
    Were you able to register your Blackberry on Telus BIS Site?

Try creating an account here and see what happens https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=telus
    This the website I was trying to register the blackberry on. When I do try to register this is the message I get. Attachment 50651.

Thank you for helping me
    01-04-10 12:57 PM
    This the website I was trying to register the blackberry on. When I do try to register this is the message I get. Attachment 50651.

Thank you for helping me
    What do you see on the top right of the screen of your phone?
    01-04-10 05:40 PM
    What do you see on the top right of the screen of your phone?
    Are you asking what appears on the top right when I click the register now, a small diagonal arrow appears point to the top and right then to the left and bottom. If your talking about when the phone is just on 3G with5 bars shows.
    01-04-10 06:32 PM
    Are you asking what appears on the top right when I click the register now, a small diagonal arrow appears point to the top and right then to the left and bottom. If your talking about when the phone is just on 3G with5 bars shows.
    Did you call Telus and gave them your PIN?
    01-04-10 10:31 PM
    Did you call Telus and gave them your PIN?

I called them basically they said if I can't get it to work by myself they won't help me

01-05-10 04:49 PM
    Okay, so why can't my unlocked telus 9550 connect on the 850 band of telus GSM network...
    Last edited by thumper007; 01-23-10 at 05:13 AM.
    01-23-10 05:08 AM
    Okay, so why can't my unlocked telus 9550 connect on the 850 band of telus GSM network...
    Telus HSPA (3G) Network runs on the 1900 MHz and 850MHz bands.

The 9550 is only capable of HSDPA 2100, EV-DO 800 / 1900 on 3G.

The 9550 is quad-band (GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900) but only on 2G and Telus does not have a 2G Network.
    01-23-10 05:16 AM
    Telus HSPA (3G) Network runs on the 1900 MHz and 850MHz bands.

The 9550 is only capable of HSDPA 2100, EV-DO 800 / 1900 on 3G.

The 9550 is quad-band (GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900) but only on 2G and Telus does not have a 2G Network.
    Good post . Always check the frequencies compatibility between your unlocked bb and the carrier you try to use it on.
    01-23-10 11:14 AM
    Good post . Always check the frequencies compatibility between your unlocked bb and the carrier you try to use it on.
    Thanks! before use to be simple quad-band would work on any GSM EDGE/GPRS Network but now with 3G, it confuses customers some times.
    01-23-10 11:16 AM
    Hi. I too have the Bold 9000, brand new from Rogers and cant seem to get the data to work. I do have a data plan and have tried the APN sp.telus.com (got this from Telus CS), tried the bb.telus.net you offered and still no luck when I try and register now from the host routing table menu in my bb. Any ideas for me? Please and thanks in advance.
    01-26-10 01:18 AM
    Hi. I too have the Bold 9000, brand new from Rogers and cant seem to get the data to work. I do have a data plan and have tried the APN sp.telus.com (got this from Telus CS), tried the bb.telus.net you offered and still no luck when I try and register now from the host routing table menu in my bb. Any ideas for me? Please and thanks in advance.
    Do you have a Blackberry Data Plan or a regular Data Plan?
    01-26-10 02:42 AM
    So rehashing the thread, basically to understand all this is that you require a unlocked phone with the 850/1900mhz which would equal their HSPA network correct? And in order to get your blackberry 9000 working you require a telus sim card, on a black berry plan. Would all this be correct?
    02-18-10 11:18 PM
    So rehashing the thread, basically to understand all this is that you require a unlocked phone with the 850/1900mhz which would equal their HSPA network correct? And in order to get your blackberry 9000 working you require a telus sim card, on a black berry plan. Would all this be correct?
    Yes that's correct.
    02-18-10 11:20 PM
    Yes that's correct.
    Well thank you for all your help, I will be trying this in a few days.
    02-18-10 11:35 PM
    That would be correct.

02-18-10 11:44 PM
    Well thank you for all your help, I will be trying this in a few days.
    You're welcome, let us know how it goes.
    02-19-10 12:28 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD